Are K&N filters really worth the $100 cost? Do you gain any performance or gas mileage?. I know they are lifetime filters. I haven't priced the stock ones yet. I am running a Dyna 3000 ingnition module and Kromeworks Mufflers. My (2006) bike really runs good with this setup. I have almost 12,000 miles on it.

It does help the engine breathe a little better,IMO. So I guess it will increase mileage a bit. I never really checked it out..

If you go to an auto parts store you can have them order the filters for you.

They are less expensive. Most likely save $20.00 to $30.00

Hope this helps..

I've run K&N on both my rides and all my cars, a true believer, on my Vulcan I had dyno’d before and after and there were some improvements, but not much to brag about. Then end agenda was for a cleaner air supply to the carbs and to me worth the coin and peace of mind to me.

I installed mine about a years ago. They seem to do the job well. My local Yamaha dealer is such a loser that I was just looking for something that I could buy without going thru them. Very happy so far. It seems to me that they would pay for themselves in just a few years. :Bunny:

They do not add any noticable power and they did not increase the fuel mileage. They do not filter as good as stock paper filters. I have seen the test results performed by baldwin filters and the k&n filters let quite a bit more dirt through than paper. The on only reason they are in my bike is because of the chrome covers.

I put the K&N filters in my bike (6,200 miles now). Roadhouse exhaust and did the AIS plug. No jetting needed, but did carb sync after all that ( out just a bit ). I think the filters are worth the $ 80.00 myself, shucks you never hafta worry about them again. I put them (K&N) in a 1994 Honda 750 Magna I once owned, (32,000 miles) no problems, just ride.

We are talking the the optional chrome covers that are available from Yamaha. If you use them, they will not fit over the stock filters. Never made any sense to me that Yamaha would design their chrome covers in a manner that the stock filters would no longer work. :confused24: