IGNORED

Somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Black Pearl

OK SO TODAY I DECIDED TO SPLIT THE FAIRING AND REPLACE MY STOCK BULB WITH SOMETHING BRIGHTER, AFTER WIFE TRIED TO NO AVAIL TO REPLACE WITHOUT SPLITTING, SO I GOT THE BULB IN NO PROBLEM GOT EVERYTHING PUT TOGETHER AND WAS READY TO HEAD OUT FOR A RIDE....... NOW I HAVE NO SPEEDO, FUEL GAUGE, OR TURN SIGNALS RUNNING LIGHTS COME ON BUT WHEN I HIT THE SWITCH NOTHING HAPPENS WHAT DID I DO?? GONNA OPEN IT BACK UP BUT WONDER IF ANYONE HAS SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT I UNHOOKED?:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

OK SO OPENED IT UP AND DID FIND BLOWN FUSE GOT IT REPLACED AND SPEEDO IS WORKING FUEL GAUGE ETC NOW WHEN I HIT THE LEFT BLINKER DASH LIGHT COMES ON AND BOTH FRONT AND BACK BLINK, HIT THE RIGHT BLINKER AND I HEAR CLICKING NO DASH INDICATOR LIGHT FRONT LIGHT KINDA FLICKERS BUT REAR LIGHT STAYS OFF??? SWITCHED BULBS TO SEE IF I HAD A BLOWN BULB AND BOTH ARE FINE ANY OTHER IDEAS GUYS???:doh:

BTW: for future reference, it is possible to change the head light bulb without splitting the fairing. I just changed mine a couple of weeks ago. I swear the access opening was designed for the hand of Japanese school girls, after sweating in the heat for an hour I was finally able to complete the bulb change.

I put in a PIAA 135/125w SuperPlasmaGT-X Bulb.

http://www.bikerhiway.com/h4-135125w-superplasma-gtx-antivibration-piaa-motorcycle-headlight-bulb-p-256.html

Well on my 05 i cant see how its possible my wife and i both tried and after splitting the fairing to see what i was doing glad i didnt get it out dont know if i would have ever got it back in!!! Lol

It wasn't easy. I have fairly big paws. I can only wear XL or larger gloves. Once I got my hand wet and forced it inside the opening I did everything by feel. It took several tries but I did get the new bulb back in place with only a little cussing. And I did so without ever touching the glass on the bulb. My hand did hurt for a day afterward and it was cut up a bit.

It wasn't easy. I have fairly big paws. I can only wear XL or larger gloves. Once I got my hand wet and forced it inside the opening I did everything by feel. It took several tries but I did get the new bulb back in place with only a little cussing. And I did so without ever touching the glass on the bulb. My hand did hurt for a day afterward and it was cut up a bit.

My ol' pappy always said "If you ain't hurting you ain't working and If you ain't bleeding you ain't hurt. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl::nanner: