IGNORED

Can you hear me now? Stebel Air Horn on RSTD.

I know a lot has been posted about the Stebel Nautilus Air Horn. I took a few pictures of my installation on my RSTD and wanted to share them.

Stebelhorn1.jpg shows how I mounted the relay under the right side cover next to the coolant overflow tank.

Stebelhorn2.jpg shows the wiring according to the wiring diagram included with the horn package.

Stebelhorn3.jpg shows the brackets I made from aluminum bar stock. Aluminum is easy to drill and bend. Not shown in the picture is the slight bend I made in each bracket to get the horn to sit back closer to the frame. I used a large adjustable wrench to hold the brackets while I hand-bent them. Bend away from you on the end that bolts to the original horn bracket, bend towards you on the other end. The brackets are hidden behind the horn so they don't have to look pretty.

Stebelhorn4.jpg shows the finished project.

Here is a picture where I traced the outline of the brackets I made with a few notes.

Not shown in the picture is the slight bend I made in each bracket to get the horn to sit back closer to the frame. I used a large adjustable wrench to hold the brackets while I hand-bent them. Bend away from you on the end that bolts to the original horn bracket, bend towards you on the other end.

I took it off and am keeping it as a spare.

Good idea with the top chrome, though.

If you take the chrome cover off the back side and silicon it on the top it looks even better....