IGNORED

Mirror/turn signal question.

Can anyone tell me if they have ever installed a set of mirrors with the turn signals in them. I've seen a set you wire as running lights and turn signals. Are they worth the $$ or just stick with the stock. I have looked over the reviews and seem to think they might be easy to install, if they work as the company says. I'm still torn over spending the money. I need some help/input as I'm sure some one has done it.

Putting them on my 08 Venture.....

Thanks!

Ride safe!:lightbulb:

I helped a buddy of mine put a set of the Kuryakyn ones on his scooter a while back. I can tell you they look cool and the added turn signals were great, but the mirrors I wasn't impressed with. IMHO, The field of vision was terrible because they are flat, not convex like stock. They are also smaller than the stock ones. After sitting on his bike when we were done, I decided I wasn't going to get any. Know another rider friend that had them and took them off for the same reason. I am still researching turn signals for up top. Thinking about some 2" strips (amber) to mound on or under the brake/clutch reservoirs. That way I get the added lighting without the flat mirror.

I have the same flat glass kuryakyn mirrors on my RSV, without the turn signals, and the flat glass actually gives a more clear image, which is better for judging distance. Just ask any truck diver, cuz I are one. I have no trouble with the size either. I have never seen the ones with the turn signals so if you get some I would like to see some pics.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Personally I do not like signals in the mirrors ,on bike,car or truck. I find that at night its hard to see anything in the mirrors (flat or convex ) when you have a signal flashing in your face, I find it very distracting and obstructing . Garaunteed I wiil never put them on anything I own.

I have signal mirrors on my RSMV and have had them for six years. Kross Kountry was right about the visibility, I see clearer and no distortion. And contrary to saddlebum's statement, the turn signal is to the front not the rear. Mine have clearance plus turn capability. I purchased mine through JCW, they are not Kuryakin.

:farmer: