IGNORED

Diamond R leveling links

Received the leveling links last week. Diamond R is good to do business with. Installed them this morning and just drove about 5 miles to office. Feels like I am sitting on an elephant. Will find out later how it handles.

An elephant? Did they raise the back end that much? :think:

As I ride the bike more I'm sure I will get used to the leveling links but for now it seems a lot higher. I put the back tire on a 1" piece of wood before ordering the links and I couldn't really tell any difference. But riding with the links it feels different. It just something you have to get used to.

As I ride the bike more I'm sure I will get used to the leveling links but for now it seems a lot higher. I put the back tire on a 1" piece of wood before ordering the links and I couldn't really tell any difference. But riding with the links it feels different. It just something you have to get used to.

How much pressure are you running in your back shock?

When I first mounted my shorter links, I know for a fact that they changed the height at the rear tire by just 1", since I used a 1" board under the tire to take the slight pressure off the mounting bolts, and when I put the new bolts in, the tire just barely touched the ground without the board.

That said, I noticed a big difference when I first sat on the bike, and especially in the amount of lean on the side stand, but even on my first test ride, I could not feel ANY difference in height of the bike as soon as I started rolling. That is exactly opposite of you, stating you felt no difference just sitting on it, but big difference while riding! Don't know what to tell you, but I did want others to know that the perception you reported in not universal. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

I agree with Goose. I did not notice any height difference, just a tremendous difference in handling at low speeds. I do notice, however, that the bike leans more on the side stand than it used to. Some have reported an increase in responsiveness at highway speeds, but I didn't realize that.

Didn't feel like I was riding an elephant, but there is a subtle difference in height. I notice it in the windshield--the top is now exactly in my line of site whereas before it was a half-inch or so above my LOS.

The highway handling is greatly different on my 'o3. It doesn't have that laid-back autopilot road-warrior feel any more--the slightest input on the handlebars causes an amplified movement in the lane of travel. I find I have to "raise up" about halfway through some turns to get back on line because I'm turning more with the same input I used before. Not a downside, just a difference and it's easy to adjust to.

All in all, I would never have believed the shorter links would have done all that, but I'm glad it does. The minor adjustments at highway speed are a lot better than the arm wrestling at slow speeds.

By the way, after I installed the links and verified the handling difference, I put on Avon Venoms. I believe this has a lot to do with the high-speed handling, too, as the old tires were Dunlops with 14K+ on 'em.

I just had leveling links and new tires (avon venom) installed this week and I feel a nice difference but not the height difference. Although I am tall I feel no real difference in the height of the bike but feel an very nice improvement in the handling of the bike. As I was driving today it really handled better. Not sure how much is due to the new tires versus the links but it is a better bike.

I haven't been able to ride my bike this weekend but the ride from work friday was bad. It was like riding in a two horse wagon and my pants bunched up in the back because I was leaning forward. I am going to let the air out of the rear shock tomorrow and ride some to see if I will get used to it.

At this point, I am really wondering if the measurements between the holes on your new links are the same as mine? If you are willing to pull one off and carefully measure it, I will do the same.

Here is another option - instead of measuring it, lay the original link on a piece of paper and trace both bolt holes, then lay one of the new links on top of the paper, carefully align one hole exactly with the circle from the first link, then trace the second hole on top of the other original link hole. Clearly label both holes on the paper, and then scan it in. The overlapping holes will be enough to compare the difference in length without actual measurements.

Goose

I installed the diamondr levelling links this past spring. This summer I went on a 5000 mile trip. The bike handled somewhat better, but I just couldn't find that comfortable "sweet spot" anymore. To me it seemed that raising the back end with the new links also slightly changed the angle of the seat and I felt I was being forced into the tank. My butt was never sore until this change. When I got home, I swapped back to the stock links and presto....I fell in love with my bike again:cool10:. Did 900 miles last Saturday and enjoyed every minute. Just my experience. Others can't see how this is possible, but for me this was the case. I'll probably just go to the narrower front tire when the front wears out and keep the stock links. To me, comfort is important!:080402gudl_prv:

Rode my bike today with and without my wife on the back. The bike handles better but I switching back to the stock links. My wife said the ride was ruff and she felt more vibration and wind. The ride is too ruff. If anyone wants a set of leveling links, make me an offer.

Need some help. Thinking of putting a set of these on my 07. But am a little worried about the what eiddy was saying. Has anyone else had the same problem? I a big guy at 6`6 so raising it up is not the issue but ride 2up almost all the time. Also put a set of road king pipes on and now seem to be scraping on right hand corners. Any help would be greatful.