IGNORED

Aux Tank

Tnventurer

Guest Pilgrum

Do you want the additional fuel for general riding or are you prepping your bike for one of the IBA rides?

If it is for an Iron Butt then you may want to look at their rules first.

Also there are a couple of tanks you that may fit your needs. The first at www.tourbuddy.com/bikes.shtml

The next at

http://www.acerbis.com/p150_tank/11250006.html

I do not know if IBA accepts these or not but other race associations do.

Good Luck.

I have often thought about an extra fuel tank but have not seen any that would meet my requirments. I also have not had the time to design and weld one together. I hate to stop every 125 miles just for fuel. If and when I do get around to making one I think it will be at least 5 galon so I can double the milage between stops when pulling my trailer.

Has anyone put a aux tank on a VR..and where did ya put it?,,,,Thanks Fred

I don't know how the 1st Gens are designed re passenger seat, but I fabricated a 3/4" marine plywood platform that mounts to the passenger grab rails after the seat is removed. A 3-1/2 gallon Tourtank mounts to it and holds three gallons with the bike on the sidestand. I bought the Tourtank because all the plumbing and hardware, except mounting bolts, are part of the package.

Guest ephebus

my sidecar has a fuel tank (10 gal I think) but I don't use it as it smells up the trunk. 100 miles is usualy enough time in the saddle for me anyway.