IGNORED

I'm getting old, need some help here

Looking to buy another GPS, presently have a Lowerance XOG and it does fine, and will be for sale, but I want to upgrade. Here's what I think I need:

1) GPS

2)Large Screen

3)Sunlight readable

4)Text to speech \ Turn by turn

5)Music \ MP3,,,,,or what ever

6) Streets and Trips or similar compatible

I think that's all, I think.

What kind should I get, Money is secondary, not that I'm rich, but I don't want to spend $200.00 and find out I've spent it foolishly

Carl:

I don't have one but my guess is that the majority here are going to say the Zumo 550. The 450 is almost the same without Bluetooth but discontinued. The new 660 is bigger with a wide screen and all the features of the 550 but without XM radio.

I'd be interested in hearing someone give their views on the 2820 as well.

Hang in there and I'm sure you are going to get a FEW opinions soon.

Wayne

Looking to buy another GPS, presently have a Lowerance XOG and it does fine, and will be for sale, but I want to upgrade. Here's what I think I need:

1) GPS

2)Large Screen

3)Sunlight readable

What kind should I get, Money is secondary, not that I'm rich, but I don't want to spend $200.00 and find out I've spent it foolishly

You can get #1 thru #4 for around $200 $250.

Zumo with #5 thru #6 plus #7,8,9 is FAR FAR from $200...more like $600.00 +++

Goodluck

Edited by frogmaster
spelling

You can get #1 thru #4 for around $200 $250.

Zumo with #5 thru #6 plus #7,8,9 is FAR FAR from $200...more like $600.00 +++

Goodluck

7) Waterproof

8) Vibration friendly

9) Motor Cycle Friendly

10) I'm working on this one,,,,,,,told you I was getting older.

I went with a Garmin Nuvi 550. It solves #1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9. It was only about $240. Garmin sells a separate mount/wiring harness specifically for motorcycles for this, that works with RAM mounts. It does not do music/MP3 or bluetooth into your helmet. But when I saw the difference in price between a Zumo 650 & this Nuvi 550, I decided I did not need bluetooth.

The Zumo 550 is very nice, I got mine last year when Best Buy decided to stop carrying them and closed them out for $450!! but about $639 is the best price I seem to be able to find on them now..

Zumo 7200.........

Has a 7.5 inch screen, MP3, speaks - turn by turn, VERY easy to read screen.

Not water proof, but a clear plastic sandwich bag with a potato chip bag spring clip sure cures that...and you can still touch the screen through the plastic bag and it works.. :thumbsup2:

Zumo 7200.........

Has a 7.5 inch screen, MP3, speaks - turn by turn, VERY easy to read screen.

Not water proof, but a clear plastic sandwich bag with a potato chip bag spring clip sure cures that...and you can still touch the screen through the plastic bag and it works.. :thumbsup2:

Carl this one looks like it would suit your needs. I am sure you would be able to see the large screen on it. :rotf:

Seriously though, Garmin programming is quite easy to use and with that large screen it is easy to use while riding. I have the Zumo 450 and the screen is quite small and slows you down a little.

Brad

I am giving my Zumo vote. Great for the motorcycle and big buttons to use with gloves. Love mine...:thumbsup2: Know it's a little pricey but you get what you pay for these days.

Have also had a 2730 which you can still find on ebay.

Waterproof...Big screen.. Big buttons.. This may fit your bill.

Have fun on your search.

1) GPS

2)Large Screen

3)Sunlight readable

Carl, Check out www.getfeetwet.com I got a refurbished Garmin Street Pilot 2730 for under 250, has GPS, XM, MP3 Its really nice having everything in one unit.

I just started off with the basics.

Got myself a TomTom for $196.

Does a remarkable job either on the RSV or in the Subie.

What I like about it is riding with it set on 3D, and 'reading' the bends before I get to them.