IGNORED

Diff click?

Renne

Help ! , Just 978 miles on my new RSV and I'm hearing a distinctive "click' "click" "click" noise as I coast to a stop! I called my dealer's service dept. and was told to check a shim in the rear brake caliper that may be the "culprit" ( ? ) ...I dunno but it sure sounds like something in the Diff ( ? ). Anyone else had that issue ? I know I need to "visit" my dealer but I'm a bit worried that there is something amiss and don't need to experience a rear wheel lock-up at cruise + on the way there !

Renne

Rear wheel hub pins need grease on them.

This and has been a repeatable issue with the RSV.

Easy fix though.

One you could do if you wish or you can have the dealer do it under warrenty.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13263

In your case, I would have the dealer do it and also have them grease "BOTH" ends of the drive shaft while they are in there........then ask for a reciept showing that they greased both ends of the drive shaft, and the rear hub in case you ever have problems in the future....

Agree with Eck, heard the same click, click when rolling in the driveway this last week. Spent about 3 hrs Saturday raising the bike and removing the rear tire and greasing the rear hub drive pins and spines. They were real dry. My 05 just went over 24500, Hard to believe this problem continues on a new RSV with so little miles. Read all about this problem on this site and make sure the dealer understands what they need to do. Good Luck.

Ok,,thanks all! I called my dealer/service dept. explained my concerns, the dealer is about 20 miles away, was told to hang in there, they were sending a "rescue" crew. About 45 minutes later, a van and trailer pulled up at my house, two employees jumped out (service mgr and head mech.), dropped the ramp on the trailer, I ran my RSV in the trailer, they strapped it in and down the road they went, all within 10 minutes. When I called to check on my bike, I was told "yes" the pins were dry, not totally, but enough to get your attention! Was told we caught it in good time, they greased w/ moly, did some other attention to detail items for me and told me it was good to go, ready anytime I was. All in all, "top service". Hats off to Larsons, Cambridge Mn (Katie/service and Dave/mech.) . I will be addressing the issue with Yamaha via the customer satisfaction dept! Lack of proper lube during production is un-acceptable!

Ride Easy,

Renne