IGNORED

Trip to S.Florida, maybe the keys

Dark Wolf

Sheila and I are planning a trip to south Florida at the end of June already have reservations at the Beachcomber in Pompano Beach from 6-24 thru 7-1. We will be trailering the bike and thinking about a trip to the Keys on the bike, just wondering if any members in the S. Fl. area would be interested in making a ride to the Keys between those dates. If any takers just P.M. me so we can make arangments to meet and ride and eat lunch and ride some more.

Joel

Do the keys later in the evening and not on a weekend. Otherwise, you'll end up behind lots and lots of boats on trailers.

It's a great ride, though. Take a picture of Rt 1, 0 mile marker while you're there. I rode back in the evening and saw several shooting stars.

I recommend if you get to Pomano Beach, go the rest of the way to the keys while you're that close.

Sheila and I are planning a trip to south Florida at the end of June already have reservations at the Beachcomber in Pompano Beach from 6-24 thru 7-1. We will be trailering the bike and thinking about a trip to the Keys on the bike, just wondering if any members in the S. Fl. area would be interested in making a ride to the Keys between those dates. If any takers just P.M. me so we can make arangments to meet and ride and eat lunch and ride some more.

Joel

Are you planning to stay in the Keys a day or two, or just take a day trip from Pompano Beach..???

If you are planning to stay, Conch Republic Seafood Co. http://www.conchrepublicseafood.com/ in Key West has some great food, but that is about 200 miles from Pompano Beach, and most of that you cannot go very fast. Probably about 4 hours one way best time.

Also a good place to stay is the Limetree Bay Resort. http://www.limetreebayresort.com/

and there is a great Italian restaurant right next door to it.

Also a strange and interesting place to visit is Robbie's http://www.robbies.com/

they have fishing charters, boat rentals, a good fruit smoothie bar, a place to hand feed the tarpon, and attack pelicans. That is where we took the fishing charter last year and Mary caught a 200lb nurse shark.

Dark Wolf;

Looks like we will just miss you! Wife and I are headed to Key West on 22 June, leaving Key West 25 June, headed for Key Largo...and leaving Key Largo on Sunday, 28 June.

Should be a GREAT ride!

:Venture:

WaltH,

We will probally be headed to Key Largo on the 26th for lunch and some sight seeing will be there most of the afternoon. We will be on a Blonde 1st Gen maybe we will see you there. We are really looking foward to the trip, it will be kinda like a honeymoon for us we were married on April 14th. She is from Coconut Creek so we are going down to see her friends and family and do some riding.

Joel