IGNORED

Bag Rails & Fender Rail Instal_Help

I have my bag rails and front fender rails coming in on Friday and wanted to install this weekend...If anyone has done this, is there something to the install that I might need to know that would make it easier....I know I have to drill a hole in the front fender and if I want to lower the bag rails in the rear another hole will need to be drilled in the back (venturers.org site).

Any tricks, shortcuts, tools that make this easier please reply..

George in Virginia:feedback:

I have my bag rails and front fender rails coming in on Friday and wanted to install this weekend...If anyone has done this, is there something to the install that I might need to know that would make it easier....I know I have to drill a hole in the front fender and if I want to lower the bag rails in the rear another hole will need to be drilled in the back (venturers.org site).

Any tricks, shortcuts, tools that make this easier please reply..

George in Virginia:feedback:

Just be sure to put a small block of wood between your tire and the fender that your drilling the hole through. Don't want to puncher the tire :no-no-no:

Wood is also recommended when you drill though the fender support out back. Otherwise you may hit the fender. :eek:

Put the front part of the bag rail on but do not tighten all the way. I removed the bag's quick disconnect hardware and set it on the supports. I had a "helper" with me (I have 4) that lifted the bag off once I had the rail in the proper place (level). I marked it with a Sharpie and made the hole. Make sure you use a punch!!!!!! Otherwise that drill bit will "walk" all over the place.

I don't have the front fender rail so I cannot make any comments about that. :)

Front fender rail: Be extremely careful how you press the sides of the fender inward to get the rear attachments in place. Don't put a thumb in the middle of the flat spot and push or you may find a subtle indentation there next time you wax it up.

Funny how that stuff can work. Every time I looked it was there even though only I could see it.