IGNORED

Georgia Trooper not indicted in biker's death

RandyR

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

As a fire chief and a career fire fighter. The law states due cause must be used at all times when red lights are used that means emergency vehicals do not have the right of way atomaticly. The family should get a lawer and fight this under civil court. I know of several cases were emergency drivers have been found guilty of this and had to pay damages or jail time.

Bull463

Tragic? No doubt. Sad, definatly. Are we getting the whole story from the media? Who knows. Will this Trooper live with this for the rest of his life? Guilt, remorse, doubt. Yes. All feelings shared, no doubt, by the cyclist's family I'm sure. But before we condem cops in general lets remember the countless troopers and officers every day who respond to motorcycle accidents, or people breaking into our homes, or terrorists walking thru Army Posts with pistols designed to penetrate body armor. As a cop, I dont ask for special favor and know I am held to a higher standard. I have one of the few jobs in this world where making a left or right turn at an intersection could affect my life, my livlehood, my family for decades to come. The trooper was lawfully aquitted by a jury of his peers. Dont hold us all in disdain.

:soapbox:

I don't think anybody is doing that. Plenty of Good and BAD in about everthing these days. With a Good cop around I wouldn't have lost everything From the three accidents I have had in the last 10 yrs. Paid everything for all of them and none of them any way my fault!!

If you are doing your job as it should be done, THANK YOU.

A similar incident happened here in West Palm Beach, where a motor cop was responding to a call not lights or siren when someone pulled out infront of him. Unfortunately, the.. motor cop died in this tragedy. A lady driving the car could not see far down the road because a large van was blocken her sight. Anyway, the lady is in for vhicular homicide.:cop:

s