IGNORED

what's it worth

barend

There are places to get a lost title. A friend of mine picked up a Yamaha 920 a few years ago without a title. He received another one through the mail from a company I believe in Texas for about $175 bucks. It was legit enough to license it again. I sold my 83 last year for $2500. Nothing was wrong with it though. It sat out front of my house for about 3 hours before it sold. Guess I should have asked more. I paid $1300 for it.:D

I'm sure times have changed, but....

back in the late 70s I bought a 71 Kaw without a title that I was assured was legal and not stollen. I went thru the proper channels and it took several months for them to trace the bikes title down.

I would NEVER buy another bike without a title - unless I had no intention of ever licensing it, and even then it would have to be one HECK of a deal. - WHY isn't there a title? IF the bike is legal, it should be very simple for the actual owner to get the title, compare to the hoops someone else has to jump thru to get one.

But as I said at the first, my experience is from the late 70s.

craigr

I sold my 83 last year for $2500. Nothing was wrong with it though. It sat out front of my house for about 3 hours before it sold. Guess I should have asked more. I paid $1300 for it.:D

Yah! that's the big difference Allen, the one Barend is talking about hasn't ran since 2002, so it will need work! Now running and detailed out with that low mileage, I would ask 3000 to 3500...

Yah! that's the big difference Allen, the one Barend is talking about hasn't ran since 2002, so it will need work! Now running and detailed out with that low mileage, I would ask 3000 to 3500...

I agree. My response was just to let him know another ballpark figure on a 83. On another note how is the re-wiring going? Goldie can't die, it was to pretty with all you had done to her.:D

Wiring is squared away, now ignition module snafu, and found out one of my sliders on the carbs only opens halfway and seems to hit something. Today is servicing the air box, resealing the rubber tubes, and cleaning up a K&N filter I got off of fleabay. Got some plastic to repair and by Thursday I should be riding!!

Thanks for asking!