IGNORED

Zumo 550 info

Hummingbird

I don't have a 550, but if its like the other Garmin they do not call it desktop. I believe on my SP 2730 its the splash screen, the one when it first comes on. I have never had a garmin that you can get a background on the other Non-map pages. I think when you are on a photo there is an options that will allow you to select that picture. If not there its in one of the setting functions.

I haven't tried it on my Zumo, but from what I've read, you first copy the new splash screen to the Zumo via USB from your computer and then from the maintenance (wrench) screen, choose display, then change (next to splash screen) and select the new screen. I'll try it out this evening and see how it goes.

GAThumper is right. Any picture you have loaded on your Zumo can be designated as the "Splash Screen". It is only that though. You'll see it in place of the "Garmin" screen when you turn it on and that's all. After that everything works the same. The pages are no different regardless. The only other time the splash screen is visible is when you are connected to your computer via USB.

To get different splash screens. Once you download the one you want just put it in your "Garmin" folder in the Zumo. You should already have a file in there named "zumo_Splash_Screen" which is the factory installed splash screen.

Once you have the file on your Zumo you'll then need to go to settings (click on wrench), scroll down until you see "Display" click on that. Look for "Splash Screen" on the left it should be the second one down from top. To the right of that will be "Change..." touch that and you should see your new splash screen. Touch the one you want as your splash screen and it will change and then ask "Do you want to save this image as your splash screen?" If you do touch yes and you'll have your new splash screen.

actually if you take any jpeg picture and shrink it to under 60k you can use that for your start up or splash screen load it as the instruction say.

CORRECT - it's called a splash screen :bang head:

Cougar - THANKS - I did that once before, unfortunately for me it was last summer and I couldn't figure it out. Had I scrolled down on the zumo I would have found the right icon. I was trying to do it while hooked to the computer (again):bang head::bang head::bang head:

Next stupid question - how do I set the FM stations ( not channel) on my handle bar unit ?:think:

OK - :bang head: I was doing everything right except that I was doing it wrong. I didn't hold the arrow keys long enough and quite frankly I was getting tired of pi$$ing with it. One GOOD thing did come out of today, the XM radio worked great on our first 2 up trip of the year. It was only for lunch in a little town named Bergholz Ohio then a county road down to the Ohio river. Round trip was only 80 miles but in that time we only encountered 6 or 8 cars and a dozen bikes.

Thanks guys for the help - I was told that I should never take a coffee break when I was working 'cause they would have to re-train me.

Thanks !!:thumbsup::thumbsup: