I know this is probably posted in here some place, but any way... I have a 01 RSV and am about to put new Venums on it, question is, I have seen different tires... some have an "X" after them some have an "R" what tire do I need to replace the factory Brickstones?????

squid im shocked you didnt say the 130 for the front !

a typo maybe?:think:

No, actually I installed the leveling links on my '99 and went back to the stock size. I got the same handling result as the 130 but was able to keep the wider tire. I found that the 150 is more stable in high winds and such, learned that somewhat the hard way last year :whistling:

You are realy close for rear tire. My Stock BrickStone is last only 6500mil's.

Avons are foing between 9-12 k Miles on rear, and about 25 k on front one. Since your bike is 01 probably nis good idea to swap both of them at same time. as Squidley say you'll feel 300lb lighter bike after tire change.

:080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv:

Some people have reported that Avon dropped the "X" designation from the Venom tire, but it doesn't really matter. X or not, you need an Avon AM41 for the front, and an AM42 for the rear. I also suggest you make sure you get the H speed rated tires, not the V, as they should last longer. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Avon uses the 'R' for their reinforced large-bike tires. In one description, it refers to Radial design. It's aimed at what they call the 'Power Cruiser' market. V-Rod, Valkryie, GL 1800...

Yes, the Venom R tire is a radial, and before the question comes up, there is no point in even asking if we can use it, since they are not made in our size.

Goose

Kreg,

Your looking for the Venom X's 150/80-16 on the front and 150/90-15 on the rear. I run these tires and your RSV will feel like a whole new bike :happy34:

Here's where I buy mine from as they have great prices and have donated a set of tires for a project bike that we did last year.

www.swmototires.com

I thought the only Venom 150/80-16 was a REAR tire???

Nevermind I just found it.

Ok, I got prices from the SWMoto site...... then called the Stealer.... they ( Stealer) are wanting $147.95 front and $ 217.95 rear... SWmoto is wanting $124.95 front and $ 129.95 rear.... big difference there... any way, the stealer stated that if I get tires of line to be carfull that they are not 2nds... as he will not mount them.... Is there any chance of getting 2nds from SWmoto ????? and also was I looking at the correct prices on there web site??

Thanks for any help..

K

In the US, tires are very tightly regulated by the government for safety purposes. With the exception of Metzeler, known unsafe tires cannot be sold (just my own little editorial there!).

Factory second tires that are legal to sell are branded with "BLEM" burnt into the sidewall. These tires are perfectly safe and should be mounted by any reputable dealer. However, I have never encountered a BLEM motorcycle tire, and I personally believe that there is ZERO chance of getting one from a place like SWMT. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose