IGNORED

Bubs verses Road King pipes.. Which is loader?

Reaney in NH

My RSV came to me with Bubs pipes and they sound great. However ... after 3-400 miles they start to get annoying. Are the Road King pipes quieter?

Perhaps I should consider finding some stock RSV Pipes? Anybody got a set lieing around collecting dust?

Your Thoughts?

Edited by Reaney in NH

Stock Road King(electraglide) cans aren't a whole lot louder than stock, just a throatier sound and a little less restriction. I don't think they could ever be called "annoying".

I have a set from my 99 electraglide, but I think they used really cheap chrome on them (probably cus they new everybody would change them anyway) that is starting to get pretty rusty looking after several years of winter riding. I put the stockers back on at the tire change a couple weeks ago.

You should be able to find some in your area pretty easily, just have to put your tail between your legs and walk into an HD stealership.

Later, Scooter Bob

I made my own straght pipes. I cut off the front of the old muffler at the spot where it was the same size as the pipe and welded in on. I then bent the pipe the same angle as the muffler. I cut the hangers off the old muffler and welded on the pipes. Now when a loud Harley pulls up behind me I can blow his helmet off. It sounds great to me but may be a little loud for some. It has a sound like no other bike, more like a v-8 engine. I then painted it with flat black header paint and so far is holding out good.