IGNORED

An accident that really hits close to home.

Mariner Fan

that's horrible, sorry to hear about this tragedy. I can remember many times being "talked" into riding with my daughter, she loves being on the bike like it sounds like this little girl did.

Life is short, cherish it in the moment. Don't waste any opportunity to let your love ones know you care.

This turely makes me look back since I joined this site and remember those who were involved in big or small accidents including those who were not members and then I look back at my accident just 6 weeks ago and it really makes me so thankful that I made it through mine as I did. I cant believe I am alive and walking and never missed a day of work. I was really blessed but dont ask me why.......

I really hate hearing of a child loosing thier life, and this is under ANY cirumstances.

It really doesnt matter if it was on a bike, in a car, in a house fire, or kidnapped and killed, I just hate hearing such tragic news when it comes to a child.

The person who caused this accident may or may not have insurance, but even if they did their insurance will onl cover so much of the hospital, Dr., and prescription bills and then there is the mental and physical theropy that will be needed after wards which will be over what ever coverage the person most likey has.

Hopefully your friend also has no fault insurance which can be used to help cover the costs once the other persons insurance runs out...

You, your friend and his family are in my thoughts and prayers...

Bob,

I have just read the post and offer my heartfelt condolences as well.

"Biker down" always sends chills up my spine but to hear of a child's death as well, simply makes me ill. I can't help but echo the disbelief of the consequences for commiting such an error in judgement by the older lady.

I too have transported both my kids on my bike, even before their feet could reach the pegs and they both continue to cherish the experience. For anyone contemplating a cessation of carrying children in light of this tragedy, I would urge you to reconsider and simply employ a far higher degree of vigilence.

Again my sincere condolences

All my thoughts go out to this family.

As a father/grandfather, I too have thought about taking my grandkids for a ride when they are old enough (AND if they want to, so far they show no interest, maybe that is a good thing), but a story like this makes me rethink that.

My heart especially goes out to the grandfather, if he lives, he will need some special help and support.

And as tough as it may be to say, the elderly woman may need some of that same support. It sounds like it was an accident, and that loss of some skill as an older driver played a part, but how often do we hear about young people, or GOOd drivers, and even motorcycle riders in their cage pulling out in front of a motorcycle?

I had to take my fathers keys away when he was in his late 80's. It wasn't a fun thing to do, and then we lost him soon after to cancer.

I LOVE driving, and riding, and even take my car on a race track for a DE day once in a while, but I know the day is coming, sooner rather than later when I won't be a good driver anymore. I hope I have the guts to hang it up and not throw a fit at that time.

Till then, I want all the miles I can get.

Just an update. Information is kinda spotty because the hospital isn't talking much.

Robin's legs were crushed in the accident and there is a real possibility that they will have to amputate them both. He is still critical and we aren't sure if he will survive. Apparently, the internal injuries were severe as well.

I wish I could give better details but as soon as I know, I'll pass it on.

This is just SO wrong!!!! This is heaping injury on top of insult on top of injury! It isn't enough that this man has lost his granddaughter, now he may lose his legs and maybe his life? And the best they can do is cite the woman with 2nd degree negligent driving? What the hell does that even mean? What? First degree is being negligent on purpose and second degree is being stupid by accident??? And what of the son/father, if he should lose his dad as well? I'm sorry, I gotta go...Ican't think about this.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of a little one. This senseless killing infuriates me to no end. This was no accident. When an F150 pickup truck pulled out in front of me and I t-boned it I was hurt but I did not hold any anger against the driver since he said he did not see me. BUT for this lady to admit that she saw him and pulled out anyway because she thought she could make it is absolutely criminal negligence. From the photo's of the accident she wasn't even close as it appears she hit him as he was going by the front of the car. My heart goes out to the family.