icon5.gif Does anyone know what type of pipes these are? Here is the number stamped on them

HAR FLT 1584/1688.

:think::think::think::think:

Are they slash cut or straight like our OEMs? They may be from a Road King, but they all interchange. Brian

icon5.gif Does anyone know what type of pipes these are? Here is the number stamped on them

HAR FLT 1584/1688.

:think::think::think::think:

I Googled your part number and came up with an FLHTCUI which is an ultra classic harley. Those pipes should slip on and work just fine for you. The 1584/1688 signify engine ci's....96ci for the 1584cc not sure about the 1688cc but these pipes will fit either and also our bikes. Good luck.

P.S. I found this site helpful as far as the exhaust goes, some pictures, sound clips, and alot of info. Just scroll to the bottom and click on free tech info.

http://www.venturers.org/Tech_Library/?action=category&cat_id=002

Big Mike :080402gudl_prv:

• 2 weeks later...

I just completed my conversion last night with the FLT's, I made my own brackets, (I have a metal shop) They sound just fine! A nice tone at hwy speed and a distinct "CRACK" when you "throttle on". Not annoying at all and a far cry from the OEM's!

"Kick stand up, Rubber down"

Renne

I Googled your part number and came up with an FLHTCUI which is an ultra classic harley. Those pipes should slip on and work just fine for you. The 1584/1688 signify engine ci's....96ci for the 1584cc not sure about the 1688cc but these pipes will fit either and also our bikes. Good luck.

P.S. I found this site helpful as far as the exhaust goes, some pictures, sound clips, and alot of info. Just scroll to the bottom and click on free tech info.

http://www.venturers.org/Tech_Library/?action=category&cat_id=002

Big Mike :080402gudl_prv:

1688 is the 103" Engine.. that is a Stock Police engine or a stage II modified 96" engine they share the exhaust