I can tell you that the 07 works great and I think it should be the same one. It comes with lowers already attached. I didn't realize how good it really is until I rode my buddy's stratoliner and his windshield was useless in comparison. Wind came right around, buffeting, etc. I was glad to get back on my RSTD.

I have an '07 and learned that in the rain and fog you need/must to see over the windshield. I almost learned the hard way. I cut mine down by 4 inches and can't tell the difference in wind buffetting. The cut down was very easy. A variable jig saw and sand paper that all it took.

I cut mine down about 4 inches...as stated in previous posts, I'm comfortable at 65 mph, at 70 it's so so depending on the wind, etc. Above 70mph, I get alot of buffeting. This is based on riding 3-5 hours. I'm 6'1.

I cut mine down by 4 inches and can't tell the difference in wind buffetting. The cut down was very easy. A variable jig saw and sand paper that all it took.

I have had mine turn totally white in fog, and had to hang my head off to the side to see. I have thought about cutting it down some, but I'm afraid I won't like it and once I cut it, I can't put it back on.

I did mine in increments. I took to my local glass shop and did 2 inches and tried it for awhile then decided to go back and take off 2 more and have been really happy with its height. Its low enough I can see over it without the distortion, glare, bugs, etc. But, after cutting 2 inches off and at 4 inches I couldn't tell any difference in high speed buffeting.

I'm thinking of cutting mine down too, I put a lowering kit on the back and now I look through the windshield.

I'll start with 2" and see how I like it.

I cut one down on my 86 VR and did like it.

Steve

How is the 05+ RSTD windshield in terms of wind protection and buffeting? I had a Kaw Nomad that had good protection but buffeted terribly unless oversized lowers were installed.

The OEM windshield and lowers are pretty good, but I'm 5'8" and found the OEM too tall for me. I went with a shorter Clearview windshield. The Clearview is wider than the OEM and the lowers are also wider. I like it much better. Excellent wind protection. 80mph all day long is not a problem.

Even though stock sheild works well. I purchased a sheild by Clearview. It is 4" wider including lowers and also lower, I can see over the sheild. I also ordered a vent. It works great. Check them out.