I've removed and greased the front and rear suspensions, replaced the front and rear tires, monitor tire and suspension air pressures and my 84 now handles much better. But today it's in the 90's and the tar snakes are "wet". As we turned out of a picnic rest area I drove over a parallel to the road tar snake, for a very brief period it felt like my SO and I were going to go down. None of my other bikes do this. Any one else have this problem?

anyone that tells you that the tar snakes are not a problem.....well they are full of ..it

don't matter what brand of tires you run, sure some may be worse than others, but they all will give you this greasy feeling under the rite conditions. the wider tires will sure make you notice the snakes more than the narrow tires on the smaller cc bikes.

mike.

I hit one of these tar snakes about 2 weeks ago...wasn't even hot out....felt the front end dance a little...leaning in to a turn. I have an almost new Bridgestone 'Spitfire' tire on (front). BTW...timgray...may have mentioned this already...I have a 1988 Fiero GT.

I hate the companies parking lot in the summer, on my YZF600R. Can't lean at all or I feel like I'm going down on every tar snake. Just got new Avon storms so we'll see what it's like with those.

my old VTX with the wide metzlers didn't mind them too much, even on real hot days, you could tell they were there, but it wasn't that bad. hit one on my vr the other day going through a corner, and holy hell, there was a definite pucker moment for a second.

Guest tx2sturgis

A larger, heavier bike is always putting more sideforce on the roadsurface during cornering, so when you hit those tarsnakes with the Venture, it pushes sideways harder and tends to shift sideways more noticeably. It could also be related to the type of tires you have.

Here in West Virginia where I'm at we have a lot of patch work on the roads and end up with seems or part of the road is higher than the other. The tires you use can make a difference, as for tar snakes when it gets hot they get soft and the side roads have tar & chip and they get soft and so much so you cannot lean the bike on the turns or you will lose it.

NEver heard them called that before, :rotf:

My '86 VR has little trouble with these in most areas, but when hot, the ones in a city next door, Morton, IL just throws my VR for a loop, especially if I have to cross them in a turn!

I have the Elite II Dunlops on, quite old, and about 1/3 tread left.