IGNORED

what headsets to buy?

Guest Jay Boese

Guest Jay Boese

I just purchased a 2000 RSV last week. This is my first "tour" style bike and I can't tell how excited I am! I absolutley love this bike but I'm full of questions. One thing I want to do is get helmets with headsets so I can communicate with the little lady and listen to the radio.... Can anyone recomend a decent brand/model? I've seen J&M and Chatterbox products on the net but there are so many models to choose from. I don't want buy two sets only to find out that the sound quality/volume is poor or they won't work with the Venture. Any input is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay

Guest Jay Boese

Jeremy,

THanks for the response. I just read that the 8154 model does not use the push to talk device on our bikes and the ambient noise may be a problem. Do you use your PTT to communicate with a passenger? Have you had any issues with wind noise?

Thanks,

Jay

I don't think that any of the actual headsets use a push to talk button. That is a feature of the bikes. The Venture uses push to talk ONLY for the CB. The intercom is always hot. Some have complained of wind noise but not everybody. There is a solution. I have installed a mic mute on my bike and like it very much. It allows you to toggle the microphone on and off.

Don

I have the 8154 's (NOt sure numbers) and they are not too bad. My wife has a better set (from j&M) and there is a bit of a difference, in sound.

Wind noise with intercom is not that bad, and there is plastic wind socks that help.

Brad