IGNORED

Eagle etched on 1st Gen Windsheild

Lone Eagle

At the first Int'l Rally in Ft. Collins, Dave (think is who it was) had a gorgeous 1st gen with an etched windshield of an eagle. Does anyone have a good picture of that windshield that you could e-mail to me (victortibbs@comcast.net) - thinking about doing something like that. Thanks.
I havn't seen the windshield that you are referring to but, I do windshield etching if anyone is interested.

I havn't seen the windshield that you are referring to but, I do windshield etching if anyone is interested.

Your work is fantastic ! :happy65:wish you were a bit closer to Oz as I would definitely get you to do my screen

never ride faster than your guardian angel :2133:can fly

Does the etching weaken the windshield at all. Seems that any inperfection in the plastic would leave a stress riser to weaken that immediate area.

Just a question.

Just seems locical that it may weaken the windshield to some degree.

Bubber

Thanks, Condor and Kban. Eric, to answer your question, I have my current shorter windshield etched - to match my tank - I look over that shield so I notice no difference. I just noticed I don't have a good picture of it on the site - will upload next week. Depending on the etching, I would think you would not want (if you have a large shield) to have a dense etch around your line of site - as it could "change" or "reduce" the visibility slightly.

Ken, my "entie" shield is etched - on the outside. I have a clear shield. After a year - and about 20K miles, no problem. It is a little tougher to clean when you go through a bug storm - :crying:

Or if you drive thru an oil mist .............:whistling:

Brian

Does the etching weaken the windshield at all. Seems that any inperfection in the plastic would leave a stress riser to weaken that immediate area.

Just a question.

Just seems locical that it may weaken the windshield to some degree.

Bubber

It doesn't seem to effect the strength of the windshield at all.

Your work is fantastic ! :happy65:wish you were a bit closer to Oz as I would definitely get you to do my screen

never ride faster than your guardian angel :2133:can fly

Buy a new windsheild off ebay send it to me via ups or fedex, I send it back to you when finished and then you have a spare windshield and one all dressed up. Or sale your extra one on ebay.

Just a suggestion.

That is absolutely beautiful work. How much does it reduce your visibility?
I designed mine to fit in the area that you dont' look through I don't even notice it from the drivers side but at night when I turn on the light installed below the windshield it pops out. I would not advise doing in a area where it would interfer with your visability.

when I turn on the light installed below the windshield it pops out.

/I was going to say ill bet one of thoose led s that light up the edge of a window would be really cooll with the etching. sound like a neet idea but I wouldnt know what to do? like getting a tatoo.