IGNORED

2nd Gen vs 2nd Gen Midnight

Went to the Iowa meet n eat this weekend and it's the first time I've ever gotten to see another Venture besides ours.

We have an 05 Midnight. All of the other Ventures had a pillow top seat. Here's my dumb question of the day.

Why didn't they make the Midnight's with a pillow top?:think: I didn't sit on a regular Venture, but they sure look a lot more comfy.

Right now I use a sheep skin, but we are taking a 15 day trip this summer and need a little more "cushion".

I know Rick does the modification, but it's a bad time of year for our bike to be laid up.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I can do, please come forward.

Thanks

Deb

Why didn't they make the Midnight's with a pillow top?

My 06 Midnight Venture has the studded seat trim which I don't think would look very good on the pillow top seats. I have not seen a Midnight Venture with pillow top seats either.

Boomer....who thinks ya should double up on dat sheepskin until the Butler Mod can be done.

Ours has the studded seat and I love the way it looks, but those pillow top sure looked comfy.

This might sound dumb, but I bought a bicycle gel seat last night and I'm thinking if I take velcro and attach it to the bottom of the sheep skin it might help. Couldn't come up with any other idea. Raining here today so I'll have to wait until we go for another ride to see if it helps.

The only other thing I could think of was to try and buy a 1 foot by 1 foot peice of memory foam and cut it to the shape of my passenger seat, then velcro that to the bottom side of the sheepskin. Problem is, no store around here sells it, other than to buy a pillow, but that's too thick. I'd sit so high my knees would be wrapped around the back side of the hubby's ears.:crackup:

Ours has the studded seat and I love the way it looks, but those pillow top sure looked comfy.

This might sound dumb, but I bought a bicycle gel seat last night and I'm thinking if I take velcro and attach it to the bottom of the sheep skin it might help. Couldn't come up with any other idea. Raining here today so I'll have to wait until we go for another ride to see if it helps.

The only other thing I could think of was to try and buy a 1 foot by 1 foot peice of memory foam and cut it to the shape of my passenger seat, then velcro that to the bottom side of the sheepskin. Problem is, no store around here sells it, other than to buy a pillow, but that's too thick. I'd sit so high my knees would be wrapped around the back side of the hubby's ears.:crackup:

I'm going to flat out keep my response to myself. :whistling: Don't want my membership dues to be wasted :8: and banned from this virtual world lol

I'm going to flat out keep my response to myself. :whistling: Don't want my membership dues to be wasted :8: and banned from this virtual world lol

I know exactly what you mean! :crackup:

Boomer.....who listened to the little voice in his head dat said "Don't do it dummy".

I have the studded one on my '06 ... I stopped at a yammie dealer one day last Nov and an 07 midnight was there (for sale) ... it had the pillow top. Salesman commented that mine was the first one he'd seen with the studded seats (that hadn't been changed out ... meaning it came stock like that). I commented that I'd never seen any with the pillow top before.

I like the looks of the studded seat on the midnight... suits the style but I think I'd like to have the pillowtop just for the extra comfort...and it looks pretty good too!

Having said that.... anybody wanna trade??? (even steven) ... pm me.

pillow top seats:

1999- 2001 rsv's all had the non pillow top seats without studs

1999-2006 rsmv's (m=midnight) non pillow top with studs

2007-midnight last year for the midnight no more studs pillow top only

Tom, it's a good thing we left when we did huh?? sure would have missed my pillow top seats, and cherie prob. wouldn't have given us a ride home on the virago??