IGNORED

battery problem maybe

I have been noticing that when I pull my brake on my lights dim a little. Even when my turn signal is on I see a little flicker in the dash lights. Please tell me my battery is going. Still the orignal from 04.

Does everything else work OK, ??

If so, the two brake lights are not going to cause a voltage drop like that.

Possible a high resistance connection in the brake light circuit.

But change the bulbs first, bulbs can go to a high resistance state before the burn out.

Check the bulb holders for corrosion, maby some moisture got in there.

This is a Strange one

Thats normal just keep riding. The battery is probably getting near the end of its life span but it will do the same thing with a new battery. If you want to test your battery and don't have a load tester just turn on the key but don't start it leave it on running the lights for 10 minutes if it will still start the bike its good.

I have been noticing that when I pull my brake on my lights dim a little. Even when my turn signal is on I see a little flicker in the dash lights. Please tell me my battery is going. Still the orignal from 04.

My 04 does the same and has done it for as long as I can recall. Headlight dims slightly with turn signal or brake light. It still starts strong so I'm not too concerned. I'll probably get a new battery before next year.

DT

time to replace the battery. i just had the same problem, noticed lights would dim when put brakes on. charging system trying to put out enough juice, but one of the cells must be low. if i rev it up a little the voltmeter would come back up. installed a new battery and all is back to normal. my sealed battery only lasted one year/25,000 km. i went back to a wet cell battery. cheers, Scott

If battery is getting a little bad you could always turn the idle up a tad to make sure it keeps above 12 volts, (obviously only short term help untill you get time to replace it.). Also turn the riding lights off during teh day.

Brad