IGNORED

Aux Line Connector.

In the past I thought I saw a Aux terminal

box hooked near the battery for all the gadgets

that are installed. I would like to make it so I

have less hooked directly to the battery.

(kinda make it pretty in that area)

OR anybody have any idea's?

Anybody remember were the post or write-up was?:think:

Thanks,

Jeff

Cougar, Found this on another site. Hope it helps?

This is the power plate that I'm installing... the universal at; http://www.electricalconnection.com/power-distribution/pplate.htm

Here is where I mounted mine.

http://www.venturers.org/Tech_Library/attachments/term_block.jpg

Don Roden

I conncted my powerplate in the same location wired to the rear acessory terminal (white plug) on the left side under the seat. By doing that the juice to the plate shuts down with the ignition switch. I did'nt want to come out and find a dead battery because I forgot to turn an accessory wired to the plate off. So far......so good - sgtglenn

I was at AutoZone earlier and took a picture of that $7.99 unit, guess I don't have to post it now! The stud/post is the positive side of the equation. Whatever you hook up to the unit will connect to the terminal adjacent to the fuse (+ or red wire), and then just ground the black wire of the device (horn, lights, radio, whatever) to a suitable ground point. Circuit complete.

Red is positive (+) and black is negative (-). The fuse box will provide six positive feeds, the bike's frame will provide the negative feed. Make sense? I hope so.

So when I mount it.. (looked like plastic) It should be grounded?

I took one out and looked in the holes. And was scratching my head :scratchchin:

Trying to figure out what or how to ground. the first guy said that

the post was the ground *OOPS* silly kid!

Jeff

So when I mount it.. (looked like plastic) It should be grounded?

I took one out and looked in the holes. And was scratching my head :scratchchin:

Trying to figure out what or how to ground. the first guy said that

the post was the ground *OOPS* silly kid!

Jeff

Nope. Run a nice fat wire/wires from the bolt to the positive side of the battery. Insulate the bolt (the one on mine is pretty long). I used shrink tubing. It's facing down, behind the battery, in my pic.

Plug the power wire to the device onto one of the lugs.

Add a fuse to the matching spot on the fuse block. Ground the device itself where ever it is convenient. There is no grounding being done on the fuse block. You don't even need to bring the ground all the way back there. Just ground it to a solid frame ground point.

Edited by Bummer
details, details, details...