IGNORED

Lost instructions

Rich99

I know I'll probably fill like a dummy asking, but I've seen these on RSV's before and bought one for my bike quite a while ago, just never put it on, but lost the instructions. Now I'm thinking of putting it in my car instead, it's about 5 inch's long x 1 inch high x 3/4 inch deep and has a combination clock, voltage meter, and outside temp. reading. With the sensor that you put outside to p/u the outside temp. it has 3 other wires (black, red, and orange). I figure black and red goes to grnd. and batt., but where does the orange wire go (ignition?) I hooked up the red and black to the batt., and the clock, volt meter and outside temp came on, but I guess I still need to know about the orange, anybody out there done this?? :confused24:

If you disconnect the power from the unit, does the time reset? If so, I would bet that the orange is for constant power for the unit to retain its memory and the red wire would then be connected to the switched power source so that the unit doesn't draw constant power.

That said. Most manufacturers have instructions on their websites.

Dave

Just a thought. Can you try downloading the instructions off line?
I wanted to do that, but there's no name on the product except the old usual Made in China. Just has an inspection sticker on it with Q.C.34 that says passed.

If you disconnect the power from the unit, does the time reset? If so, I would bet that the orange is for constant power for the unit to retain its memory and the red wire would then be connected to the switched power source so that the unit doesn't draw constant power.

That said. Most manufacturers have instructions on their websites.

Dave

I bet you might have something, I'll see what happens, thanks for all the help guys.

Did the orange wire have and end on it? Maybe it's the temp sensor??:confused24: I had what I think you are describing and mine had a wire for the temp sensor.

Digital 5-Function Volt Meter 4-239 http://www.casporttouring.com/store/graphics/00000001/dig_vlt_mtr.jpg Quantity in Basket: None

Code: 14124

Price: $21.48

Shipping Weight: 1.00 pounds

Edited by Crash

I found this write up on the web. Maybe it'll help??

This would keep the connections somewhat protected. You can wire it to anywhere you can find the needed power sources. The devise has a ribbon of three wires, black (ground), orange (switched 12v supply), and red (constant 12v supply). Remove the headlight and locate the two accessory wires.

http://www.vn750.com/Docs/clock.htm

Did the orange wire have and end on it? Maybe it's the temp sensor??:confused24: I had what I think you are describing and mine had a wire for the temp sensor.

Digital 5-Function Volt Meter 4-239 http://www.casporttouring.com/store/graphics/00000001/dig_vlt_mtr.jpg Quantity in Basket: None

Code: 14124

Price: $21.48

Shipping Weight: 1.00 pounds

That's the exact same one I've got. It's got the same 3 ribbon wire that Condor talks about, the sensor is on an extra long 2 ribbon black wire, so with what Condor told me, that tells me how to hook it up, thanks again guys.