IGNORED

Garmin 550 Zumo

Roadhand

The only thing I Do like about the 660 is the Little bit larger screen

if you wait a tad longer there will be hundreds of 550's on eBay

Cuz so many will want the 660.. I myself am really enjoying the 550

and I will wait at least until the 770 comes out! :D in another couple

years! I almost bet that you could get a 550 for around 500 or less

in a couple months. Just watch the bidding wars for a while.

(and why would you lose the XM on the 550?):think:

Jeff

I received this from Garmin on Monday, based on an e-mail I sent them on Friday inquiring on a ship date for the Zumo 660 (website still states "we can't sell it yet 'cause the FCC says so"):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear William Hanna,

I can't confirm that date but the retailer's are scheduled to start ordering within the next 30 days................

With Best Regards,

Brian K

-------

Original Message Follows:

------------------------

Is there an update on the release date? I see that Amazon is anticipating April 10, though your website states that it is waiting on FCC release.

Thanks in advance, I'm antsy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:178:

I'm leaving for a trip in less than a month and want to have this unit as far in advance as possible - my first GPS and I want to make sure I get it mounted in a suitable location and am familiar with how to use it - I don't want to figure all of that out while missing good scenery and camaraderie, not to mention making us a hazard to others on the road while I play. Cougar, let me know if you get yours and who you ordered it through (are you a Garmin employee?!?!) as I'll want to jump on that wagon REAL fast. Or am I reading into that, and you ordered a 550, not the 660?

Thanks!

Oh, and he's saying he can lose the external XM Roady as the 550 has XM built in (just need an antenna and a subscription - I assume the existing antenna can be used, and transfer the subscription to the new 'radio'). So it would clean up the handlebars a bit. I have Sirius, so the 660 not coming with an XM radio inside doesn't matter to me and if I save a few dollars because of it, even better.

Also, I would never trust Amazon for any kind

of reliable ship date ! NEVER!!:no-no-no: Just from past experience.

No doubt, which is why I went straight to the manufacturer for the answer, and will likely order from Garmin as well.

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can't find something. Here's hoping! :fingers crossed: