IGNORED

NOT happy, need parts.

Well i got the paint almost finished up and it was lookin fair. Got down to clear coeting (second coat) the last part and i knocked off my front fender into the grass, (no paint booth) turned around to see what happened and knocked off the headlight ring and the false tank cover..............I'll stop right there. the rest of the story is'nt good for mixed company.

I'll have to fix the clear coat later, now i have a new problem......

Got all the parts back on and it looks better even though it is ****** up.

So i started checkin to see why it wasnt idling right and i found that the #2 cylinder carb boot is busted. now i gotta have one.

Anybody have a spare? It is the left front cylinder.

looks like oil has dripped out of the filter housing and onto the rubber boot. i'm pretty sure this is what caused it th bust open.:sick:,:sick:,:sick: !!!

Bummer!!! Would love to see pictures with pieces of grass stuck to clear coat:stirthepot:

I don't have any spare except what's on the '85 but I'm probably going to need them as it looks more and more like I'm gonna turn it into a running bike again. I'm sure someone has one, if not they go fairly cheap on ebay...

pieces of grass stuck to clear coat

Looks like fixit has created a new paint scheme... mebbe just leave the grass on and put several more clear coats over top for that "deep embedded look"...sorta like "floating grass"!!!

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Looks like fixit has created a new paint scheme... mebbe just leave the grass on and put several more clear coats over top for that "deep embedded look"...sorta like "floating grass"!!!

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

You are not right dude. :) But; it's a thought.

James,

Man that Sucks! I am so sorry to hear of your trouble painting the bike. I did a paint job on a customer car one time and applied the first coat of clear. It looked like a mirror finish. I went to get a cup of coffee and to let the paint flash and when I returned I found that the entire car had frosted white due to the humidity and incorect reducer temp. I feel your pain my brother! It can be fixed with time and sandpaper but it is a royal pain!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_25.gif

Dog