IGNORED

So if I want to install a CB.............

OK, I've only been back riding for a half of a year. Back when I was young, Bike riders that wanted a CB radio on their bike were installing "standard issue trucker type" CB radios on their bikes. I don't know if this is still the case or not. I've seen a few handlebar mounted walkie-talkie lookin' things, but I really haven't had the chance to look at any more modern CB installations. I feel quite confident that the CB equipment I currently have (Galaxy 10-meter Ham converted to CB, 500 watt linear, Texas Star modulator) will not fit on my 1st gen and even if it did, there's no way that the bike could ever pump out enough electricity to power this stuff. My preference for a bike CB would be a Cobra 25 LTD or a Uniden PC66 (either of them being equipped with 50-watt hot finals and a Conex board) but I have no idea if installing either of these type radios is possible. Anyone care to bring me up to speed on what my best options would be for a CB installation on an '84 VR?

heres a thread where MIke put the Jand M on his scoot

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4838

Brian

OK, I've only been back riding for a half of a year. Back when I was young, Bike riders that wanted a CB radio on their bike were installing "standard issue trucker type" CB radios on their bikes. I don't know if this is still the case or not. I've seen a few handlebar mounted walkie-talkie lookin' things, but I really haven't had the chance to look at any more modern CB installations. I feel quite confident that the CB equipment I currently have (Galaxy 10-meter Ham converted to CB, 500 watt linear, Texas Star modulator) will not fit on my 1st gen and even if it did, there's no way that the bike could ever pump out enough electricity to power this stuff. My preference for a bike CB would be a Cobra 25 LTD or a Uniden PC66 (either of them being equipped with 50-watt hot finals and a Conex board) but I have no idea if installing either of these type radios is possible. Anyone care to bring me up to speed on what my best options would be for a CB installation on an '84 VR?

dont know if it's a michigan thing or just the guys I ride with, but most over here use the FRS and GMRS radios. the Midland helmet and bike kit with one of their handheld radios seems to be the most popular.

I'm getting a full autocom intercom that will hook up to one of the frs radios as well as music.