IGNORED

A little help please

Bubber

Yes I have the instructions.

1-install slip ties around the upper Front crash bars (do not tighten), you need two ties

2-place a rag or towel over fender..set bottom of grill in place and let the grill rest on the fender

3-slip the ties around the hooks in the back of the grill

4- take slack out of each side before tightening in place. Hold grill centered with one hand and tighten the slip tie snug on both sides.

5-If you remove the wire screen for painting or replacement dont over tighten the nuts on the bolts..yu may crack the fiberglass

6- Steve recommends 5-6 lbs air in shock.

If you have dropped your bike or are using ride pegs the lowers may be closer together than factory. The grill may seem too wide. Use a tie down strap between the front and rear crash bar.Both sides. Snug straps which will pull front crash bar back into position and allow the grill to slip into place.

The slip ties I got are fairly thick and about a foot long.

One more word of caution (ask me how I know)...:whistling:

Watch that the studs on the aft side of the grill (the studs that hold the screen in place) that they do not scratch the lower fairings as you slide it in between the front fender and lower fairings to get it to the radiator.

The studs stick out past the fiberglass just enough to scrape and scratch the lower fairings, so you might want to place a towel or rags over th elower fairings and front fender so you dont scratch anything...

If it's anything like the George Foreman Grill, you just set it on the counter, and plug it in.

eazyduzzit: I can't find the darn cord and I think it is 220 anyway! BTW which George Forman, arn't there about five counting his sons?

RedRider: it is a color coded one Black to match the Midnight. This is realy the first time I have ever seen a used Wagner grill come up for sale.

Eck : Thanks for the words of wisdom or experience which is usually the same at times.

DragonRider: I did contact Steve W. also, but no reply so far.

Thanks all for the help, wana guess what I'll be doing this weekend? Ya! that too!:banana:

Bubber

aka Steve

Bubber,

I thought of one more thing you might want to consider prior to installing that wagner drill.

I "temporairly" installed it holding it in by hand to see where the back side of the grill would rub on the radiator. I then removed the grill and installed some rubberized tape to those areas to avoid any chaffing. Then I perminately installed the grill and the back side of the grill now helps hold the rubber tape in its place.

(rubberized tape was palced along the top & bottom of radiator)

Edited by Eck

Hey ya Bubber...howzit goin...:thumbsup2:

Other than being laid off Great How about You? The weather getting any better in Denver?

Get stuff organized to have a personnel mainenance day here on Saturday. I got stuff to put on and fire the o'l girl up.

Bubber