IGNORED

Rode my old non-Venture yesterday...

craigatcsi

I rode my old 99 Vulcan 1500 Classic yesterday. I had sold it to my soon to be son-in-law. I have regretted selliing it to him from the start because I missed it.

Boy do I remember the ride differently then what I experienced yesterday! I was MUCH rougher of a ride, it felt like I was on a 650ish bike - both power and weight. I could almost throw the thing around. Also, the power - My 07 Venture could run circles around it!

Needless to say, I don't miss the old bike any longer. - Only the 'potato-potato' sound.

craigr

Guest Lightnen

Yesssssss I know what ya mean, I had a 1100 V-Star Silverado before I picked up this 06 RSV, sometimes I do miss mine as well that is until I'm out on the hyways with a 3 or 4 hundred mile trip ahead of me.. LOL

Lonestarmedic and I went to the Southwest Texas Bike show on Sat. We wanted to go to the Maint. day in Houston but didn't have enough time to get there and back. We were the first few through the door and went over to the Yamaha display. We took out a couple of brand new bikes (him on a FJR and myself on a RSV). I enjoyed it but couldn't get used to the different peg placement. Also the O/D forces you to run a gear lower to keep any motor torque. It satisfied my curiousity and kept me from dropping another $10,000 on a new one. It means I just have to keep the ol beast running that much longer. They let us take them (convoy style) about 15 miles round trip. That FJR looked like it was just waiting to be opened up though. JB said he hardly cracked the throttle at all. Sweeeet. We took a little (100 mile) trip around the hill country, had lunch in Bandera and came back. Sorry Utadventure........I grew up in Utah and know how long (short) the riding season is there. We had to stay off the bikes for PART of January because it dropped to 40 degrees