IGNORED

Anyone in Indy willing to help

I live in Greenwood and have just purchased a 2005 RSTD. It has the BUB slip ons. I have always had Honda bikes and are used to them. I disabled the AIS and it actually made the popping on decel worse. I dont know if I have a vacuum leak somewhere. I know this is a high revving bike, but this bike seems sluggish to me. I am mechanically inclined enough to get myself into trouble. I was just wondering if there was someone around my area that would be willing to look at my bike. If you had a carbtune that would be great also. I am not looking for a handout, I will pay you for your time, but anyone in the area knows there are not any good stealers. Thanks in advance. Zach...

Also I was changing the plugs and there were the 7EA plugs in it as supposed to the 8EA. Is there a reason for running a hotter plug than what factory says to?

I think I have made some headway. I checked all of the vent tubes and vacuum hoses I believe I have narrowed it down to the #1 cylinder coil. I have not ohm tested it yet but while running I pull all of the wires and that is the only one that does not change. I did replace the plugs with the 8ea plugs. Im gonna hit up the dealer and try to wrestle a coil and an I basket from them, we will see what they TRY to charge me. I am not a big fan of the dealers in my area if you cant tell.:thumbsup:

I think I have made some headway. I checked all of the vent tubes and vacuum hoses I believe I have narrowed it down to the #1 cylinder coil. I have not ohm tested it yet but while running I pull all of the wires and that is the only one that does not change. I did replace the plugs with the 8ea plugs. Im gonna hit up the dealer and try to wrestle a coil and an I basket from them, we will see what they TRY to charge me. I am not a big fan of the dealers in my area if you cant tell.:thumbsup:

That bike is still under warranty and you should have it transferred to you immediately.

I live in Greenwood and have just purchased a 2005 RSTD. It has the BUB slip ons. I have always had Honda bikes and are used to them. I disabled the AIS and it actually made the popping on decel worse. I dont know if I have a vacuum leak somewhere. I know this is a high revving bike, but this bike seems sluggish to me. I am mechanically inclined enough to get myself into trouble. I was just wondering if there was someone around my area that would be willing to look at my bike. If you had a carbtune that would be great also. I am not looking for a handout, I will pay you for your time, but anyone in the area knows there are not any good stealers. Thanks in advance. Zach...

Also I was changing the plugs and there were the 7EA plugs in it as supposed to the 8EA. Is there a reason for running a hotter plug than what factory says to?

I am a little over an hour south from you and I have a carbtune. I would be willing to let you use if you need it. I have not used it yet and it came with the RSV when I bought it in the Fall. I you want to use it let me know and we can figure out someway to get it to you.

Doug

Hey Charcoal, I'm just east of you in Shelby county, just outside Acton. I've got a set of Mercury sticks and would be glad to help you.Also have the electrical test equipment and I can get the specs off of here. All we gotta do is to get a clear day, I'll be home this evening, cell is 370-0139.

Dan

BTW, tell them down there at Flatout that you're now a VR member, and if you get any guff, let me know. I deal with those boys alot, and if you give me a call we can discuss.

Well i dug into the coil today and a connection was loose. Plugged it back in and I believe it is firing correctly. I still has the backfire on the left side, a carb rebuild prob would not hurt, added some sea foam to the tank. The bike only had 1100 miles on it in 2 yrs before I bought it. Dan I would liike to get together sometime if my schedule allows I am on my 64hr week and have the weekend to work, I will def be in touch.