IGNORED

New Ride

dkip

Hi to everyone I have been lurking for almost a year on this site and I have finally bit the bullet and bought a 2006 RSTD with 6500 mile on it My last ride was a Honda 750 ACE

I have only managed to get 100 miles on the new ride so far but it certainly feels very nice

Just waiting for the nice weather so I can try this bike out

All the information on this site was very helpful

Thanks dkip

Glad to hear you found a ride you like. That bike is pretty new, mileage speaking, so you could still be in the shake-down phase where all of Yamahaha's lousy assembly torque lets stuff fall off. Better start at the front fender and work all the way back, checking the tightness of all the chassis bolts and screws you see. Won't take long, but you might find stuff loose. Make SURE you check the shifter pivot bolt! Locktite is advised there. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

As a newbie your are presently excused for the lack of pics........Rule #1, when you acquire a new ride, modify said ride, or brag on your new ride, pics must accompany your post.......Take this as your first warning, get them pics posted or else you will face banishment...................:confused24:or at least the wraith of us senior members................

Enjoy your new ride and word of caution, this group is addictive:bang head::banana: and we havent found a 12 step program to cure it...........but we really dont want to............:no-no-no:.

I don't know to much about my new ride yet other than it a very good looking one

I will try to attach a pic

The milage is low so checking nuts and bolts does sound like a good idea but if warms up just a couple more degrees today I'am just going to ride it

dkip