IGNORED

Skeptical after all noise complaints

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2: I have a 05rstd and the more I rie it the more I like it I have put on 50000kilometers. The whine seems to be a yamaha thing. I joined the club here and sure enjoy all the input, and the response is fast. Great bikes.:thumbsup2:

I will put your fears to rest. I purchased an '08 RSV brand new, after 300 miles she started making every noise I have read about here. Now at 1200 miles, noise has remained constant. I love the bike, she runs like a scalded dog, is as comfortable as a grandma's lap, and looks wonderful. I now am convinced that had I not read about these "noises", I would never have paid them any mind. Every bike I have had made some sort of weird noise, but as long as they ran, I was happy. My wife makes all kinds of whining, growling, squeaking noises, and after 25 years she still runs strong so I'll keep her too.

Mine has the loud whine of any I have ever heard, I just turn up the radio and cruise on, love the comfort and handling, am going to change the clutch basket one day when i get around to it. mine is a 2000 with 58,000 miles, great reliable machines.

Will buy another venture as soon as this one dies. but I keep her well serviced, so I hope that day will be well past 200,000 miles.

Freedom of the rroad for everyone

Gregg

• 3 weeks later...

When I think I hear a little more whine than usual, or some other slightly strange noises; I go on a local poker run and ride next to some of my HD buddies. :stirthepot: After 20 miles or so of listening to them, all the venture problems are fixed. :banana: Piece of Cake

just my :2cents: , Scooter Bob

When I think I hear a little more whine than usual, or some other slightly strange noises; I go on a local poker run and ride next to some of my HD buddies. :stirthepot: After 20 miles or so of listening to them, all the venture problems are fixed. :banana: Piece of Cake

just my :2cents: , Scooter Bob

LOL!!! AMEN!!! After those rides, it usually takes me 3-4 days for my ears to stop ringing!! Brian

I've got a pretty good whine in my '01, but I still wouldn't rade the bike in. One thing I've done for long rides is use foam ear plugs. Helps with the wind noise and whine and I can actually hear the music better. I wear a half helmet so the ears are exposed. I am also going to experiment a little with oil. Maybe it was just my imagination, but the last oil change (last season) I used castol and it seemed to get worse. So just to make sure (at least in my mind and because I still had some), used the same oil my most recent change (couple weeks ago). Whine is still there and same intensity. I might just drain it out and put in some yamalube or other brand for testing (anyone else noticed any differences, noise wise, with different oils?). Other than that, just going to ride and probably do a basket change at the end of the year.

I've got an '07 RSV.I bought it,and the more miles I put on it,the louder the whine was getting.At 55 to 60 mph it was hard to hear the radio over the whine.Had my dealer

install the I basket and could not believe the difference.It's still there a little,but not

noticable unless you are listening for it.The more I ride it,the more I love it.I used to go to motorcycle shops and look around at the new bikes,but I hardly do that anymore.

Nothing else compares,in my opinion,and no other bike I've seen looks any better or

rides as good.I have most all the accessories in the Star catalogue and the Corbin Seat

and passenger backrest.I would not trade mine for any other bike I've seen or ridden and

that includes a 2006 GoldWing and a 2005 Harley Electra Glide.I love that V-4 sound.

Just bought a '04 midnight and absolutely love it! This bike purrs like a kitten. Not sure what noise the later models make but mine came with an automatic noise eliminator. Just turn it up more, the controls for it should be on your left handle bar. :guitarist 2:Only noise I don't like is the stock exhaust. Doing the HD mod this weekend.

Smely