IGNORED

highway pegs on 2nd gen

David Strnage

I put a narrow slice of inner tube around the inside of my brackets, more to protect the chrome than prevent turning, but they do seem to be very stable and I've had no issues with them spinning when I put pressure on them. Good luck with that.

To resolve the rotating peg, you can use a cold chisel and put a few grooves on the beveled surface of the peg that recesses into the mount. Then use blue loctite when remounting. The grooves will be hidden when mounted and provide hold points for the loctite.

I picked up this solution either here or on another motorcycle forum. It worked for me.

I cut up an empty beer can into shims to fit the inside of both halves of the clamps. They fit tight now. I could not get the clamps back together with the rubber...maybe my rubber was to thick.

I also had another issue. I carried my 3/4 wrench and a hex key set to make adjustments if needed on my first ride with them. The peds flipped up and down really easy...in fact they would flop down while not in use during the ride. I tightened the pivot point till I could easily put the pegs up or down with the tip of my boot as needed. I got back home and the clevis was cracked on both sides. :confused07:. I did not really get rough with them but they are both cracked. I installed a set on the VSTAR custom and had no problems with them.

I contracted the seller about warranty replacement and have not heard of the results yet.

Mine came with a lock washer there as well, I guess I have a heavy foot. I put some red loctite on maybe it will help.

I recommend you pick up some Blue locktite. It will make your life much easier if you ever want to adjust/remove them.

RR