IGNORED

GM Lemon???

FROG MAN

The wife has 65K on her 05 Chevy Colorado with the 5 cylinder motor. Truck runs great but this is the third time it has been in for a engine service light on. GM dealer says even though it's out of warranty they will fix it for free. Something about a head replacement,Valve stem wear issue. The dealer says about $2K in work at no charge.I heard they were extending the warranty to 7 years or 100K for this problem. Has anybody had this problem fixed? I'm concerned about long term life of that motor. I would like to get about 200K of service from it.The plan was to run it another 5 years after paying it off and convert a truck payment into a new house investment. So much for a plan.Does anybody know of the I5 engines getting high mileage out of that motor.

Wonder if these motors are the same as the Trail Blazer/Envoy engines just missing a cylinder ?

Not sure how this Inline 6 will hold up. Had a engine light on a few times, scope stated something about the cam and crank not being in sink. Sort of like the timing chain is going bad.

Brad

buddy of mine has a trailblazerwith the 5 cyl. In & out of the shop something like 8 times. They finally gave him a new vehicle. You don't want to know what he had to say about the motor, GM, Chevy, or the dealer, for that matter!!! Not a happy camper.