HAD A NICE WEEKEND AND DID SOME RIDING ON SATURDAY. ABOUT 30 MILES INTO THE RIDE I LOOK DOWN AND MY TEMP GUAGE HAD STOPPED WORKING. FAN COMES ON AS NORMAL, NO BLOWN FUSES. I DONT KNOW WHERE THE TEMP SENSOR IS LOCATED NOT SURE IF THIS WOULD EVEN BE THE PROBLEM. HAS ANYONE ENCOUNTERED THIS, GOT ME STUMPED COULD USE SOME HELP WITH THIS ONE.:think:

Behind the chrome right side grill just behind the radiator. Two philips screws hold it on. Usually the electrical connections are loose or need cleaning and tightening. 2 sets of connectors.

Then check connectors on the back of the gauges. Check all grounds there too.

I believe (not sure this is the right wire) but along the upper frame rail on the right side of the bike there is a connector that just needs to be pinched tight. You have to remove the lower fairing on the right side and it is a single wire. Cant remember the colour.

Brad

I believe (not sure this is the right wire) but along the upper frame rail on the right side of the bike there is a connector that just needs to be pinched tight. You have to remove the lower fairing on the right side and it is a single wire. Cant remember the colour.

Brad

The bullet connector is the one to tighten (temp sending unit), as the spade connector is the ground for the fan motor........

:canada:

behind the chrome right side grill just behind the radiator. Two philips screws hold it on. Usually the electrical connections are loose or need cleaning and tightening. 2 sets of connectors.

Then check connectors on the back of the gauges. Check all grounds there too.

i think i saw these it looked like there were two sensors side by side not sure which one is which they are conected to what looks like the top radiator hose. Are both of these sensors the same or do they each have a seperate purpose.

i think i saw these it looked like there were two sensors side by side not sure which one is which they are conected to what looks like the top radiator hose. Are both of these sensors the same or do they each have a seperate purpose.

Read my previous post.......

Matt....I had the same problem....I was advised the same as you to clean and tighten the wire connector and bullet end of the sensor...I did the same for the fan sensor for good measure while I was in there.....My temp guage has been working fine ever since....

FOUND IT!! THANKS..... IS THERE A WAY TO CHECK TO SEE IF THE SENSOR IS WORKING PROPERLY, MAYBE WITH A METER.:puzzled:

No need yelling at us. Typing in CAPS is consider yelling ... :p

Yes, you can check with the Shop Manual, there are the Specs of the Sensor stated.

Matt....I had the same problem....I was advised the same as you to clean and tighten the wire connector and bullet end of the sensor...I did the same for the fan sensor for good measure while I was in there.....My temp guage has been working fine ever since....

Thanks bobcat you were right, it was a bad conection at the bullet conector. I cleaned it and tightened it up now it works great.:thumbsup2: