I have a 2007 RSV and the drivers seat is not working for me.

After 50 or so miles, my hips are hurting, I'm developing monkeybutt, etc. But my wife loves her seat.

I've added a sheepskin pro pad to the drivers seat and that helps a lot, but still not comfortable for a long ride.

So I'm open to suggestions. Does anyone make replacement seats for the driver alone? I also already have a 3rd party drivers backrest and don't want to lose it.

Best Regards,

Leonard

you may wanna see if someone is local to you and borrow their seat. My bike came with the pillow top rider seat and I changed it out for the older style of seat, much more gooder than the pillow top for me. I just sank in the pillow seat and it felt like I was sitting on the frame.

Guest JGorom

Leonard,

I have a Corbin, that was made for the Yamaha. I have seen where some folks have traded or sold them (because they tend to be a hard seat) while others have traded or sold the Pillow Tops (because they tend to be too soft). You might want to see if a member or a dealer is in your area with the Corbin so you could try their seat and then proceed from their. Ebay often has after-market seats for sale for the Venture...so you could keep your eye open their as well.

Hope you find something that keeps the bottom side smiling! :)

The biggest problem with seating on a bike is finding one that fits you properly. When I bought my RSV it already had the Hartco seat on it and it fit me very nicely. I tried RSV's with the Corbin seat and I felt that it pushed me too far forward. Pillowtop was ok, but I didnt ride it for any large length of time. You really cant judge a seat until you have ridden in it for at least 500 miles in my opinion. Unfortunately, most seat mfg's dont have loaners..LOL. One size does NOT fit all.......

Thanks for the info. I picked up a 99 RSV seat last night on ebay. It doesn't have the pillow top, so it's supposed to be a little harder than the one I have now.

If that doesn't work, I guess I'm on my way to having a custom one made. Ouch!!

Leonard

Thanks for the info. I picked up a 99 RSV seat last night on ebay. It doesn't have the pillow top, so it's supposed to be a little harder than the one I have now.

If that doesn't work, I guess I'm on my way to having a custom one made. Ouch!!

Leonard

If you go custom I recommend Rick Mayer,, http://www.homestead.com/prosites-rmcycle/index.html but you have to be patient, he can take a while..

I love the pillow top on my RSV, but had a Rick Mayer on my Kawasaki.. much firmer than that pillow top but still very comfortable.. Its biggest plus was no matter how far I rode, my behind only need about a 1/2 hour to recover,, with the stock Kaw seat it sometimes took days.