IGNORED

a riding story by Neil Peart, the drummer for Rush

Blackjack

For those of you interested in music and/or riding, I thought you might enjoy this story written by Neil Peart, the drummer for Rush. He references a couple of visits to Deal's Gap, as well as his visit at Two Wheels Only in Suches GA, a place that we have visited a couple of times on our M&Es.

Here's the link: http://www.neilpeart.net/news/index.html

Be sure to also check out some of the previous stories about his motorcycle adventures...

TERRY

One of my all time favorite drummers, the man can play like no other. Very cool story, I would love to meet the man

:thumbsup2:

He can play drums,writes,and rides a scoot..very cool.......

I think that one of our leaders needs to consult the Rush tour schedule and plan a meet and eat..

We could surround the bus and not let him leave until he meets all of us....:whistling:

He can play drums,writes,and rides a scoot..very cool.......

I think that one of our leaders needs to consult the Rush tour schedule and plan a meet and eat..

We could surround the bus and not let him leave until he meets all of us....:whistling:

Sweet!...we could add band stalker to our resumes

:banana:

For those of you interested in music and/or riding, I thought you might enjoy this story written by Neil Peart, the drummer for Rush. He references a couple of visits to Deal's Gap, as well as his visit at Two Wheels Only in Suches GA, a place that we have visited a couple of times on our M&Es.

Here's the link: http://www.neilpeart.net/news/index.html

Be sure to also check out some of the previous stories about his motorcycle adventures...

TERRY

If you haven't already get his book Ghost Rider, it a moving tail of overcoming adversity and some great ride stories. My wife is a huge fan in fact we are doing a Rush theme on her RoadStar almost done with it. Picture will folllw!

I saw Rush for the first time live in 77. They were the warm up band for Ted Nugent. They stole the show and they didn't want to leave the stage. I saw them again last summer for the Snakes and Arrows tour. They played for about an hour and a half took a 30 min. intermission and played for another hour and a half. What was cool is I went with the same buddies from High school that I went with in 77. It is amazing the passion they all still have for performing. They are down to earth humble guys. Neal is one of if not the best drummer that ever lived. The fact that he is a motorcycle touring nut just makes it even better. We also went to see Ted Nugent about 2 months later. Back to the future!

I am a long time Rush fan. I too, saw the Sankes & Arrows tour. As a musician, in a band, I am inspired by how good three guys can be. Just awesome.

For you Rush / Neil Peart fans, here is a great story behind the song "Red Barchetta". This is one of my all time favorite songs. It's from their Moving Pictures album.

Enjoy...

http://www.bmwbmw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8693&p=129840&hilit=red+barchetta#p129840