IGNORED

uni-go Trailer

Thistledown

I guess we have decided to buy a Uni-go trailer and I am wondering if there are any used ones out there. I have read all there is on this site about them, pros and cons. My intent is light camping,(no cooking) with about every 3rd day in a motel. We are planning a trip from Virginia to Yellowstone this summer. My thought is that even when we don't camp, much of the time we need both summer and winter clothing as well as rain gear, ect. Wife is not a light packer and she well fill what ever size trailer we get, so I think small is best. We just got back from Key West, trailered to Daytona , then put 1200 miles on the bike riding arround. Sure would have been nice to have a little less junk on the bike. We have a 20 dog who loves to go also, he rides in a box on the luggage rack on our one day trips.

Any suggestions or leads on a used trailer would be appreicated (forget the one about a lighter packing wife, got to keep this one)

Guest tx2sturgis

Yeah well...good luck finding a used one...I've tried a few times and they seem to be kinda scarce. And new ones can run you nearly 3 grand with all the goodies and the hitch.

You might look at the unimate...Im not saying its as pretty as the uni-go...but its a whole lot cheaper:

http://www.alsmotorcycleaccessories.com/uni_mate_one_wheel_trailer.html

A friend I travel with a lot has a Unigo and loves it. It took him 6 mo to find a used one and he had to go to Los Angeles to pick it up. If I were to want a trailer that is the one I would get. Good luck on the search for a used one. Rod

I dont know how handy you are, but if your good with fabricating and have the area and tools....make one. I am planning on making a single rear wheel trailer to use this year. That being said I have 20+ years in welding and fabricating and this kind of stuff doesn't intimidate me. Just a thought as I'm sure that I will be able to make a custom 1 of a kind trailer like this for way less than a grand.

I have worked in construction all my life and I like to think that given enough time and money I can build most anything, ( the third or forth try) but when it comes to welding, I have to stick to JB weld cause any welding i do looks like what you find under the chickens roost

Thanks for the info. I guess I will be placing an order for a new one. Sounds like the rear wheel replacement problem can best be solved by just spending another $95 and stocking your own tire and rear axle assembly. They look like a well built product but someone is making a bundle, there just is not that much L&M in a trailer like that. One of you talented younger guys should start you own business

I think part of the cost is product liability. I only have a couple of hundred dollars in mine and have thought about building to sell but if anybody ever crashed pulling one no matter what caused the crash the lawyers would want to sue anybody they thought they could get money out of.

We have a winner!

This is exactly why I dont make items like this for others, not worth making a few hundred dollars to have someones lawyer take it all away. Unfortunate that the world is this way, but it is :(

sell them used as is, damaged

I find that a good lawyer can get past that, and I dont know anyone that would sign anything stating that it was used when they paid a new price for it. It sucks because I LOVE to fabricate and would build more things if it weren't for the liability. I have had many members ask me to build items but I just can't risk loosing money I dont have due to a lawsuit

:(