IGNORED

Saddlebag Trim Rails

I was looking at the saddlebag trim rails on Yamaha's accessories page for an 08 RSV and they look different than most pics I have seen on this forum. I was looking at Freebirds thread on getting the rails to line up with the bottom of the bag and his looks different than the ones in the pic at Yamaha. Is there an aftermarket place to buy them from or did Yamaha change them?

I'm not sure what you are looking at. Is this it?

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/accessories/acscitem500/5/4/83/404/all/all/126/0/main/itemdetail.aspx

They look the same as always.

That's it! In your thread, it looks like the upper and lower rail is the same size. In the pics at Yamaha's site, they look different sizes to me??? ....along with a coupl eof other minor differences.

I tried finding Freebird's "thread on getting the rails to line up " using the search function .... can't find it. I wanted to see what you're referring to.

Having said that, I am reminded how much work (to me) it seems to be to locate things using the search ... or better yet, to just browse through a forum such as "Second gen tech talk" trying to find specific pieces of information. The reason I found it to be a "lot of work" was because everything is grouped under that one heading. Would it be possible, Don, to sub-categorize things now that there seems to be such a lot of threads. For example, categories such as "Engine / Transmission"; "Accessories"; "Carburation"; "Tires & Wheels"; etc. That way, a lazy bum like myself who is looking only for specific information wouldn't have so much to browse through.

Yes, I'm sorry...nobody ever answered your original question. :) I have never seen an aftermarket source for these. hmmmm....except there MAY have been somebody on Ebay who was making and selling some. That is just a dim recollection but I've never seen any. Yes, mine came from Yamaha.