IGNORED

EANDS cables to forks

Hi Y'all,

I think I know the answer, but is there any way to disconnect the EANDS cables at the fork end, or do I have to disconnect it up under the headlight and leave the cables with the forks?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Unless you want to remove EANDS solenoids from forks thus draining fork fluid or cutting two conductor wire from solenoids the closest disconnect is behind the headlight.

If you are removeing the lowers to replace Seals, I would just remove the two bolts from the Eand, units. And tye them back with the brake calipers.

Would be a good idea to replace the O-Ring Seals under the Eand Units, if you are doing a Seal Replacement. ( and Clean out the new units, )

Edited by GeorgeS

Yeah, thought so. Bummer. Actually it's not that big of a deal 'cause I have the whole fairing off anyway, repairing damage from when the bike blew over in a t-storm last summer. It's just that I have driving lights mounted by the brakes and have the wires to those, the brake lines, and the EANDS cables so neatly zip-tied that I don't want to cut them and ruin a thing of beauty! :-) But cut them I shall.

I have new steering head bearings that I figured would be easier to install now, with the fairing out of the way. And while I'm at it, I'm picking up a new front tire from SW moto tire tomorrow to put on it.

Speaking of front tire, the Dunlop E3 is supposed to be available now...that's what they're SUPPOSED to have for me tomorrow...I say "supposed to" because it's been so long that I won't see it until I believe it!

Jeremy