IGNORED

hows pete??

Grandpagak

Hi this is Pete's wife. I want to thank you guys for all the caring messages. We had read them to Pete and he appreciates them. Every day we notice a small improvement. Our goal this week is to get him to eat so he can start Rehab.

If you guys wish to send him "Get well Wishes" send them to this address and they are hand delivered to him: http://www.saskatoonhealthregion.ca

>Go to "Your Health"

> click "send a patient a note"

Thanks for Caring, The Family

Is Pete allowed visitors yet....or is it restricted to just family members? I am coming up on Wednesday to look for a place for my daughter to live in while attending university next year. We will be right beside the University Hospital, and if we had time I was thinking of stopping in. No problem if this is not the right time, as I am sure to be up again. Get well wishes to Pete.

Pete, get to eating, so you can build strength and get back on that bike this summer. I was so shocked to hear the news of your stroke on sunday, after visiting with you on facebook just Saturday night, it goes to show how fast something can happen. You better start taking those elk capsules. Pete, Hazel, take care and if there is something we can do to help let us know. Pete helped Mike a couple of years ago in Minn. by riding with him to try and meet up with me, while I was on my solo trip. :confused24: That was really kind of him. We will keep both of you in our prayers and wish you a speedy recovery Pete. GOD BLESS. Mike and JoDee Glover

Is Pete allowed visitors yet....or is it restricted to just family members? I am coming up on Wednesday to look for a place for my daughter to live in while attending university next year. We will be right beside the University Hospital, and if we had time I was thinking of stopping in. No problem if this is not the right time, as I am sure to be up again. Get well wishes to Pete.

Yeah, it is fine if you drop in.

He is on 6th Floor and Neurology 6300- Sub division 2 Observation Room, Bed 4

Thanks everyone for your thought, prayers and words of encouragement. Pete finally got his feeding tube out yesterday and is eating better. He has received the cactus plant that was sent and had a huge smile when he saw it. He is being moved to the City hospital in Saskatoon tomorrow to start rehab. Everyday he seems to be getting a little bit stronger and continues to enjoy seeing different faces that come to visit. Thanks again for all of the support:thumbsup:

The family of Pete Klassen (TessaC2)

• 2 weeks later...

The best I could do was send a email well wish to him in the hospital. I also included the fact that I had lost Hazel's cell phone number. I was hoping the get a call or something but havent heard anything.

I called the hospital a couple days ago and they said he was doing ok...thats all they would give me.

Here is what I know for sure.

He is alive and well. We got a message on Marilyns facebook that says he just got his computer working but it is unreliable. He is doing good and his strong will is his friend.

There is a phone number there that I have not received an answer to. It is the same as the one listed in his profile, I know its not Hazels.

We, Marilyn, Gord and Laura and myself are planning to head out there next week-end to see him. We will leave Brandon noonish Sat and return home Sunday.

This is what it says! Good to hear from her.

"Pete will still be in the hospital till April sometime. He has not been able to log on to Venture Rider so you can let the guys know that Pete is progressing quite well. He is driving the wheelchair and getting some movement in the left leg.His strong determination to ride is getting him through this.You are welcome up anytime, Just give us a call."

Take care Pete & Hazel

OK folks, here is the latest scoop! Bigbob, his wife Yvonne, and I traveled to Saskatoon City Hospital to see Pete today. We had a great visit with him and his wife Hazel. He is doing really great and seemed happy to see us. Coffee and sweets were awesome Hazel!

Pete and Hazel were telling us some really weird things that happen with strokes and how they affect you...things that I didn't know at least. However, I think with Pete's outlook and determination, he will be out and about soon.

He wants everyone to know, he has a computer at this hospital. As long as he doesn't move it he seems to get wireless signal. He can get to this site, but for some reason, he can't log on. Just like there is some sort of cookie that says that password should be associated with another IP address. I am not a computer geek (in fact a Mac geek) so I told them to get Hazel to join up and post under her name....or just join up again as Tequila Pete or something. Then he could post as well as read comments. I figure the moderators could sort this out later...right Don? Hope we didn't give him bad advice? Perhaps it is the IE or Safari or whatever program he is using. (Actually, I remember this happening to me once, but I can't remember what I or Don did to fix it.)

So go for it folks and let Pete know you are thinking of him. Hopefully he will be able to post soon. I think Rick & Marilyn from Brandon will he visiting tonight or tomorrow so they will have more news.