IGNORED

Whitewalls for my Royal Star Venture

Shot

I have a 2004 Royal Star Venture, pearl white. I think it would look good with whitewalls; I need a front tire ASAP. I have looked at the Avon and I can't find it listed for whitewalls; it appears that number of riders prefer this tire. I have found the Dunlop D404 has whitewalls but have no info on this tire. Looking for feedback or suggestions.

I run the Dunlop 404 in whitewall and I have been very pleased with them. I used to run a Metzler up front and a Bridgestone rear both in WW. Metzler did not make a WW rear then and I still don't think they have one. The Metzler handles very nicely but I had a problem with the third one I owned. I have never had Avon so I have no comment on them.

I've had the Dunlop D404 WWs and was happy with them. Avon doesn't make a stock size front tire in a WW, but they do make the narrower 130 sized front tire in a WW. I currently run this tire and am happy with it. I have 20,000 miles on my current one. It needs changed. The only other option I know of for WW tires that fit this bike is Maxxis. I know one guy who runs these. He likes the ride and handling, but admits he doesn't get very many miles out of them.

I've probably used up 5 or 6 sets of the D404 WWWs and just bought another set. Usually change them both at the same time and I get about 12000 to 14000 miles on a set. I did use one set of Avon WWWs but in my opinion they're not worth the extra $$$ and I wasn't overly impressed with the smaller front tire.

Guest BluesLover

You won't find the Avon in a whitewall in the stock size for the front (they do have it for the rear) - you'd have to go to a 130 on the front.

Cheers,