IGNORED

xenon headlight

I looked at it but decided to go with a silverstar again instead. I did not want to take the time to build the circuit to fool the computer so it wont be blinking the red light at me.

I also found a HID upgrade that moves the lamp in and out to switch between high/low beam, but the same issue as above and that I discovered that running HID lights all the time causes them to burn out.

Xenon bulbs are hardly more expensive @$10 at Autozone than standard bulbs. So whatever kit you mention is unknown to me? In reality the Xenon bulbs are ONLY slightly brighter than the stocker. I may try Silverstars. But I hate their adds. FYI, quartz bulbs don't dim over time...they just get dirty and scratched lenses. DOAH...

i am running the silverstar 9003, but i was wondering if anyone is running anything a little better. on highbeam i find it does not cast better lighting that i would like. i do have driving lamps and they help, but i would like to improve high beam.

i am running the silverstar 9003, but i was wondering if anyone is running anything a little better. on highbeam i find it does not cast better lighting that i would like. i do have driving lamps and they help, but i would like to improve high beam.

Hey mother, about the only way you are going to get much improvement out of your lighting is to update to the headlight bucket from an 86 up 1st gen, like I did several years ago. It does take getting some parts together but it really does make a difference. I also have a PIAA bulb and some running lights.

RandyA

hey Randy what is the p1aa bulb and is this what you use for high/low beam?

where can i buy one to try?

mine is an 86, so i have the bucket you used.

the running lights are 50 watts each and do light up the road better than the high beam.

cheers, Scott

hey Randy what is the p1aa bulb and is this what you use for high/low beam?

where can i buy one to try?

mine is an 86, so i have the bucket you used.

the running lights are 50 watts each and do light up the road better than the high beam.

cheers, Scott

Duh, I rolled up and saw 84 and did not go up to yours. Go on ebay and type in PIAA and you will get some.

RandyA

• 2 months later...

To Mother and Others - I have read the related threads and got what info I could from web sites. Would like to have brighter headlight on my 88VR, but still wonder about the options. It seems most members think the Silverstar H4 9003 bulb is best for various reasons. I understand it is a standard halogen replacement bulb. I looked for it at Wallmart, but couldn't find one. Anybody know where these are availabel here in Ontario. I read about the PIAA option but still don't understasnd. Is it a halogen bulb that plugs in without problems or kit? Is it brighter than the Silverstar? Finally, I checked out the Xenon HID bulb. I understnd I must buy a kit and the one now available on ebay for much less than the Xenon price (under $100) claims it is a "plug and play" installation. Any experience on how much brighter this bulb really is and whether it is really a plug and play without triggering other problems?

Appreciate any additional information!