IGNORED

Did I totally screw up or what....

Condor

Glad they are standing behind the tire.

I do not doubt that you were told exactly what you reported about the tire pressure, but as is the case is so many things these days, the speaker may not actually know the facts.

The person I talked to is Keith...head of warantee for Avon motorcycle tires..., and I wrote the pressures down during our discussion. He seemed to know more than most. If you'd like to talk to him his number is 1-800-624-7470. You'll get customer service. Ask for Keith.

Well i finally got my refund. I am a little ticked but what can I do. Avon refunded me the cost of the original tire I bought in Sturgis....$111.00 canadian.

I paid 90 US then had to pay 190 for a new one here to replace the one that cracked.

I guess its better than a boot in the butt with a frozen mukluk...but .....

Hey, Jack - I guess on one hand the are appreciative of your business - and don't want to over sell? Also, they might be positive that with the new information you received, you won't be needing another one for a while? Kind of strange to pass up a selling opportunity, but glad they covered the tire for you.:080402gudl_prv:

Hey, Jack - I guess on one hand the are appreciative of your business - and don't want to over sell? Also, they might be positive that with the new information you received, you won't be needing another one for a while? Kind of strange to pass up a selling opportunity, but glad they covered the tire for you.:080402gudl_prv:

Yeah Vic.... $30 bucks for an R&R is a lot better than the cost of another tire...

Well i finally got my refund. I am a little ticked but what can I do. Avon refunded me the cost of the original tire I bought in Sturgis....$111.00 canadian.

I paid 90 US then had to pay 190 for a new one here to replace the one that cracked.

I guess its better than a boot in the butt with a frozen mukluk...but .....

Rick, I'm not sure I follow what has you ticked. If I understood you correctly, they completely refunded the price you paid for a defective product? That sounds like the most that any manufacturer would do. It would have been nice if they included a nominal amount to cover the average price of mounting (assuming you also supplied a receipt for this cost), but I'm not sure I would expect that from them. The price you paid for a replacement product, either theirs or a competitors, would seem to be un-related to the refund on the defective one unless you were forced to spend the money due to damage or failure of the original item, such as having the tire blow out and leaving you stranded somewhere. If you think there is more they owe you, I would send a letter to the company stating the related facts and asking for a specific amount.

Glad they gave you the refund without a fight. I wish you the best on any further adjustment,

Goose