IGNORED

TW-200

FROG MAN

Yamaha's TW-200 anybody ever ride or see one. It might make a good putt putt for to and from the camp. 75 mpg fat tires and all. Small enough for MamaMo to ride and my 10 year old son is as tall as she is. I been looking for one just curious for now. Lots of back woods roads to explore from my camp.

Is that a 4 stroke? Looking at the exhaust pipe, I think it is. Would equate to approx. 100cc 2 stroke, maybe a little under powered for a steep climb, but probably fun for the daughter and missus.

Now, if you want them to have a little fun, and they're at least 5'10" with long legs, you could give them my '77 IT400!

Dan

I have one, I taught my wife how to ride on it. I bought it for my wife brand new in 2002 shortly after learning that my daughter was on the way.

First gear is gear wayyyy low, so hill climbing is not an issue. It will move my 350lbs frame at 55 mph up and down the Eastern Iowa Hills just fine. I ride it to work on occasion just for the hell of it.

My mom bought a second one and I taught her how to ride on it as well. Very forgiving bike. Well balanced. She sold hers after upgrading to a harley street bob and a Dr650. (Did I mention I love my mom? :) )

I will never sell mine. It's a great bike for teaching, riding, and goofing off while exploring.

We have them for training bikes and also the xt225. I have taken an offroad corse on the TW. Very nice bikes and reliable. For short hauls and trails I would love to have one. 1st is real low and a lot of guys change the sprocket to raise the gearing a bit. Good luck Rod

I’ve owned a TW200 and to be quite honest I wouldn’t get another one. The bike ran fine and all but it felt clumsy and underpowered with the big tires. I found no advantage to the big tires for my style of riding and sometimes the style of bike limited my riding. It’s a great little bike to run about with if you don’t mind the handling and don’t hold high expectations with performance.

I like the ‘beefy’ look of the TW and the fact that it’s a dual purpose bike however it’s ‘bark is bigger then it’s bite’. At 200cc’s it’s cheap to insure and reasonable on fuel. As I would rather utility over sport the four-stroke was suitable. It won’t keep up very well on the highway but is great on trails or in and around town (and parking is never a problem). I bought my bike used and didn’t loose much on the resale. Over all it was fun but it wouldn’t be my first choice if I was to do it again.

Having said that, if I had the money to toss I’d be tempted to get a URAL with the two wheel drive and a side car then ride it all year round!

:mo money: Good luck with your choice!