IGNORED

Are seat covers available?

I would like to purchase a new seat cover for an 88. I checked with several Yamaha parts houses and they do list two different ones. When I tried to order we found that they are both discontinued and no longer available. I would like to have gotten one that was close to original. Do any of you know where one can be purchased? If I need to have mine redone, can you give me an idea of what is a fair price to pay? The seat is in good condition, but the cover is shot.

Thanks

BnkrBill

Dont know of, and never heard of, any type of replacement seat cover for a 1st gen,

2nd gen or any other type bike out there on the road myself. :think:

E-bay might be a way to go to get a price value on a replacement seat.

From that approximate dollar value you would be able to determine a fair dollar amount to have your old seat recovered based on what price you find on E-bay..

Another thought that you may want to consider is covering your old seat with sheeps skin or something to where you cant see the wear and tears in it..:confused24:

Try these folks. B&H Specialities. I've been talking to them on a cover only for my '84.

http://www.motorcycleseatcovers.com/order-item.asp?ColorID=1&Item=2799&Make=YAMAHA&HP=

They hand make covers to replace the orgianal ones. They listed a price of $100.95 + shipping on their site. When I contacted them a couple of weeks ago they were having computer problems and weren't able to send a photo but were quick to respond to my questions.

I haven't done business with them yet but they may be the way I go for mine. I had a thread going here a while ago on the same subject and there were several suggestions on that also. I'll see if I can find it and post it up again.

Mike