IGNORED

Lost my radio

ronhenry4

I went to start my 07 RSV and the battery had gotton to low to start it well i had to go and buy a trickle charger put it on the bike for a few hours charged the battery and started the bike. now i dont have any radio????? is there a fuse that may have blown? has this happened to anyone else??? HELP cant live wih out the radio:bang head:

I went to start my 07 RSV and the battery had gotton to low to start it well i had to go and buy a trickle charger put it on the bike for a few hours charged the battery and started the bike. now i dont have any radio????? is there a fuse that may have blown? has this happened to anyone else??? HELP cant live wih out the radio:bang head:

I know this sounds crazy, but did you Turn it back on? :confused24: Normally mine is always on, and when I put a new battery in, it took me a while to remember I had to turn it on.

Ok so now i feel like an idiot:confused24: that did it Thanks Roadkill

Don't....I was speaking from experience. I also was going down the road and my bike just died. Coasted to a stop, tried starting it, Nothing. I was freaking Out. Turns out I had hit the kill switch. That's how you feel like an idiot.:whistling:

Been there done that. Just got my 05 RSV at xmas time when the radio kept cutting in/out. Was ready to start checking the wiring, when I thought about the CB. It was on. Will remember about the turning the radio back on since its been on since I have had it.

:doh:

Man...one thing is for sure...those first gen guys never give up. Never for a minute do they let us forget that the first gen Venture was/is a wonderful bike whether we all believe it or not...they will convince us.

I would love to have one, but just have not found one that was in as like new condition as I would like it to be. I almost bought a new one in 1983 but I got over it.

How could you not love this place. huh. :big-grin-emoticon:

Yamatime, you are correct...I had my right lower fairing off this weekend and there it was "Audio Fuse"...labeled and everything.

Man...one thing is for sure...those first gen guys never give up. Never for a minute do they let us forget that the first gen Venture was/is a wonderful bike whether we all believe it or not...they will convince us.

I would love to have one, but just have not found one that was in as like new condition as I would like it to be. I almost bought a new one in 1983 but I got over it.

How could you not love this place. huh. :big-grin-emoticon:

Yamatime, you are correct...I had my right lower fairing off this weekend and there it was "Audio Fuse"...labeled and everything.

here is a nice one i was looking at today ... your right about those 1st gen guys...yammerDan wont let up on me lol

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/1017257118.html