IGNORED

How to adjust valves

Guest Jeff G.

Guest Jeff G.

:confused07:Please help not fimiliar with the forum and cannot find the link to adjust the valves?

I am going adjust the valves on a 2003 venture royal....I see they are buckets? do you all remove the camshafts or have a special tool for compressing the springs to change out shimms... also what are the specs for the gaps...

Thank You all very Mucho ???

There is a small tool, too raise the cams, Check the Service Manual on line, it has a Chart for changing the shims. Check the tool section, in front of service manual.

Go to Maintenance Library this web site for viewing the Service Manual if you do not have one.

Read thru the entire proceedure there.

You will most likley need to take measurements, then order shims as needed.

Also, Order a new set of Gaskets, to replace the covers.

Some folks have mentioned, useing just Sealant, but I have not done that, so cannot comment to as wether that will work.

Hey Jeff,

Here's your chance to take a bunch of photo shots and do a tech write up as you go for dummies like me................:stickpoke:

I could surely use a good tech article so I can avoid all the mistakes on mine..:whistling:

Jeff I doubt you will need to change anything, unless you have 100,000 miles on your bike. These do not need changing I have checked a few at 50,000 miles and they are righ on the manual. Download the manual and you will have all the info so it is a good idea to check them.

Yes buckets and there is a little tool required or you can pull the cams up a little 9this is more work).

Good luck

BRad