IGNORED

Cleaning House Siding

GunnyButch

I'm starting to look at spring cleaning the outside of the house and need some advice. I have some lime/calcium deposits on the vinyl siding from the irrigation system and haven't been able to find anything to remove them without ruining the siding. Products like lime away and others say not to use them on vinyl siding. The JoMax cleaner I use cleans everything else, algae and such, but doesn't touch the calcium/lime scale. Does anyone know of something that works?

Hope you can that that stuff off:080402gudl_prv:. Meanwhile, what, if anything have you done to prevent future buildup??:confused07: Adjusting spray patterns, changing nozzles or changing to a drip line (not soaker hose) are some options. Contact me if you feel I may be able to help.

Thanks for the replies. I haven't tried TSP yet but was it was on my list of things to try, the vinegar solution I have tried but I will try going stronger on the mixture. I have replaced foundation sprinklers with soaker hoses where I can but there are still a few spray type heads needed.

I have replaced foundation sprinklers with soaker hoses where I can but there are still a few spray type heads needed.

Keep in mind that you cannot mix spray heads and rotors in the same zone unless you use mixed precip heads. Drip should always :backinmyday: be a seperate zone. You'll not be able to water anything right. I do not advocate soakers, they tend to water OK close to the bib but not enough at he end of the run. Drip line allows you to place an emitter next to each shrub or plant without performance loss down the line. You can convert spays with drip "spider" heads.

What is your water pressure? Spray heads and drip shouldn't have more then 30psi for optimum performance Look at flat spray heads (they do not provide elevation and are designed to go under the shrub canopy). Move your heads to sit against the foundation and have them shoot out. All you'd need is a shovel and enough funny pipe. Use bublers.